How to override 2003 M45 "intelligent" cruise control

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Ironmanvol

OK. I love my '03 M45, and I love "ignorant" cruise control. Unfortunately, My '03 has "intelligent" cruise control, and it has caused several near accidents when it decided to slam on my brakes when I crested a hill into a bright sky, rounded a left-hand turn on a two-lane and it saw a vehicle coming the other way, got too close to the vehicle in front of me, or whenever it decided to act up for no apparent reason. I can bypass the rain shutoff feature by bypassing the circuit that goes through the windshield wipers, but have not figured out a way to defeat the rest of the system. I just want regular cruise control. Does anybody out there in Forum-land know a way to defeat the intelligent part? The second generation M45s have an override feature, but the first do not. The 2003's without the tech package have "ignorant" cruise control, which is what I want. ANY IDEAS? HELP!!

szh
Car: 2018 Tesla Model 3.

Unfortunately, no longer a Nissan or Infiniti, but continuing here at NICO!

Welcome to NICO!

You'lll find the instructions to disable the ICC in this thread: zerothread?id=142819.

It is described in the Users Manual (in or around section 5-29 as I recall).

Z

eds13
Car: 89 240sx Hatch, 07 Armada LE, 06 M35x, 97 C35 Laurel, 94 JDM Q45

RIP link

Kaaoszx
Car: 96 240sx long gone, 2003 m45, 98 bmw 323is ls1 swap, t56, 87 Conquest

I have a switch to disable the yaw sensor which disables the traction control. this has made the car significantly faster as the factory traction control slows down the car so much in just spirited braking and acceleration. Unfortunately this disables the cruise control for me. I also have g37s brakes and everytime i feel like using the cruise I regret it because it messes even with the throttle and power response of the car. I'm wondering if I follow the above will it allow it to work again. Otherwise I have to turn the car on/off when I use my yaw disable switch.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”