How to manage wires when installing intake collector

A forum for the Nissan Quest... minivan lovers unite!
schuylkill
Car: 2004 Nissan Quest SE

So the previous owner of this 2004 SE messed with the coils and he did a sloppy job. There are no clips for attaching coil wires to the tabs on the cover. Do the wires sit in front of the tabs or behind when looking from front of the van? Where do the other wire sit to fit properly under the intake? He also used a straight hose to connected to the pvc valve and it was kinked and pinched to form into an elbow which essentially blocked it. Where does the bracket that is attached to the silver covered bundle in about center of photo get anchored? If anyone has an image of this arrangement I would appreciate it.
Attachments
IMG_wires1.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

This is an '04~'06 JDM engine, but I think the wire routing should be similar or identical to yours.

04-06 Quest VQ.png

schuylkill

That is awesome! Is there a way that I can zoom in on that pic? If not could you share it with me thru email or text? This bracket I am wondering what to do with for starters, I really both couldn't see what was behind the collector as I removed it and I wasn't being observant, was just glad that it was coming out. Thanks again.
Attachments
IMG_wires2.jpg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I swiped the pic off the net so the resolution isn't great, but if you right-click it and do "Save Image As", you can put the file up in a photo viewer or paint program and zoom it.

schuylkill

Ok good work for me, appreciate it. My concern is that I will pinch wires or something bad. Otherwise I really don't care if everything is stock, just want it to work, don't want to do this again.

schuylkill

In the next couple of days I'll be working on reinstalling the intake manifold collector. When I removed it I didn't take out the metal cross support that is beneath the cowling. Is it worthwhile to do this additional work in order to get more working room? It doesn't look to be that daunting but is the payoff worth the effort? If anyone has an opinion one way or the other I'd like to hear it. Moving along, slowly.

Return to “Quest Forum”