How to find or order or make a cargo shade for your FX?

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
imnprsd
Car: 2004 Infiniti FX45

Can anyone tell me what they did to add a security cargo shade to their trunk? For obvious reasons I need to hide the stuff I store in my trunk.

I don't think Infinity offered these, but maybe I am wrong about that, and/or you can tell me where to buy one from an aftermarket supplier?

Has anyone used another car's trunk cargo shade for use in their FX35 or FX45? ...Has anyone modified a generic car shade like this one you can buy on Amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/Vesul-Tonneau-Re ... 65&sr=1-22
or this one on Ebay for a 2019-2020 Infinity:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133945310753?h ... Sw~~Rhn6Km

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

They did make one, p/n H4982-CG025, but it's discontinued. Someone else here may know in better detail, but I'm told you can swap the cargo area side panels for a set from an '05 and use the later style tonneau cover 84982-CL70B.

imnprsd

OP UPDATE: This Is a great trunk cover for your FX if your model did not come with one. An it's just $72 and only 15 minutes to install.

After trying several other cargo cover widths, I found this one fit almost perfect in my 2004 Infiniti FX45.

COMPLAINT/PROBLEM: A lot of older FX models did not come with a factor trunk cover (aka Tonneau Cover) and in my 2004 FX the side plastic walls did not come "cut-outs" or hardware to hold the recoiling cover crossbar.

The solution for me was to buy this trunk cover on Amazon designed to fit a Rear Trunk Cargo Cover Compatible for Grand Cherokee 2011-2021.
They call it a “Retractable Rear Trunk Cover Security Shade Shield” and it only costs $72. Here’s the website link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTX2DH4?ps ... ct_details

Installation is easy. Just adjust the 3 headrest straps, but not too tight. This is to give the cover enough “slack”so you cover you trunk contents without much tension in the cover.
The "cover real" just sits on the side window shelf nicely. (NO hardware needed.) ...And then you just pull the cover towards the floor mat handle... add a shower “S-hook" to hold the cover in place... and now all your trunk items are hidden from view.

Note: I also drilled a small hole in the plastic cover "hook-n-place-tab" and added a twist tie to make a small loop. And with this loop I can hook and hold the cover in place by utilizing the Infiniti trunk hooks already in place. This leaves the cover laying nicely flat, but you can see about 8” of trunk space that is not covered in this position. …Still, you might want to leave the cover in this position most of the time, because it’s not that often your trunk is will to the max. At least my trunk is not kept that full.

PICTURES: Go to this website: https://www.infinitifx.org/threads/need ... unk.37559/

imnprsd

OP update: Use a "S-Hook" to hold the cover to the truck latch. Works great!
Attachments
1E.jpg
1D.jpg
1C.jpg
Grand Cherokee 2011-2021 Trunk Cover.jpg

imnprsd

I found this cover is working great; and because it's the perfect width it and rest on its own between the window sills.

I don't even use the straps over the head rest and it covers just fine. Plus using the straps makes it hard to drop the seats.

Also, using a large S-Hook is the way to go to hold the cover at an angle and it hides everything unless you have a lot of stuff in your trunk. I also taped it in place using duct tape so the S-Hook does not get lost. IMO this is the cheapest and best way to cover your items in your trunk!

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”