HOW TO DRIFT AN 4WD (AUDI QUATTRO) ?

Nissan dominates the drift scene - Always has, always will.
Luke

AIV BOY wrote:
I'm talking about his stoopid mini cooper you moron.....and its my 36K tranny that I paid for cash money rookie!!! say something now son!
Dayum....

I would be pretty pissed if I paid 36k for a trans.

Come to think of it, I would be just as pissed if I paid 36k for an A4 Go find another forum to be a n00b.

BuudWeizErr

god what a retarded thread.

were you just like surfing different forums to pose on and you happened upon nico? hmm. i'll post on a nissan forum... how to drift... an awd car.... and an audi no less.

this thought process is all kinds of retarded.leave. please. do everyone a favor.

you can't drift awd like you would rwd. nor would you want to. regardless of what initial d says.

god i hate US drifting.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

Oh, you CAN get an AWD car sideways, plenty sideways. I did it in my 2k4 WRX (previous car), you just don't accomplish it via throttle as one does in a 240.

It's all lift-off oversteer. Just charge that biatch in, feint one way, come back the other way HARD, pull your foot off the gas, rear will step out, then stand on the throttle (make damned sure you're in the powerband or you will just spin out). It's 100% manhandling and zero finesse.

I did this in open spaces (parking lots), but I never had the cajones to try it in an actual corner (wisely so, methinks). You're just using sheer inertia to break the thing loose, no ebrake/clutch kick/power over, so the concept of an actual "line" sorta isn't there, but you can do it. Naturally this is all much easier (and can be accomplished at much lower speeds) on a slippery surface. AWD cars without a front LSD will not accomplish this so well...

Is it great for the car? No, it's not. It isn't terrible for it either though, what's TERRIBLE is using the e-brake to do it, which locks up the rear tires and screws up your center diff (at least w/mechanical center diffs, like on WRXs).

I think that by 36k trans he means miles, not dollars.

Not defending this buttnugget or anything, as I do concur that he is indeed a buttnugget.

Luke

So you won't defend a butt nugget, but you sure as hell helped one.

HashiriyaS14
Car: 95 S14, 08 CL9, 08 NPS50, 03 Ninja 250, '60 Super Cub

That douchesack is long gone....

I never said one could/should experience the sport of "drifting" with an AWD car, I just said you can get one sideways. That's not the same thing.

Return to “Nissan Drift Forum”