how to clear service engine soon light

A forum for lovers of Infiniti's hot-rod crossover, the FX! In 2014, all FX models will be named Infiniti QX70, in line with Infiniti's new naming structure.
kshonn47

i went to autozone once the ses light appeared and they said it was the bank 1 sensor 1 thats faulty. i took the car to the dealer and it turns out that the catalytic converter has a crack and they wanted to changed it at a cost of $1670. i declined and took the car to a muffler place and they found the crack where the clip that stablizes the cat weld had split. the guy welded it back and listened with a hose connected to his ear and found no air seepage,so it was fixed. now the ses light,would that go out by itself or do i have to drive the car for a while and cycle it? or can i just perform the code to clear the ses light? and if so what's the procedure? thanks

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

you will need to clear the code. I would think the muffler place has a scan tool and they can reset it in a minute. I would just go back over there and ask them to clear it now that they fixed it. If the code comes back then there is still an issue.

Return to “Infiniti FX35 / FX45 / FX37 / FX50 / QX70 Forum”