How to change pcv 09 G37 DIY (may be similar to other years)

Member area: Post up your ride and the modifications to date
jv_g37

I am new member to this forum and my first post. Recently changed my spark plugs on 09 G37 as per gwoods and car runs brand new, so I decided to change the pcv on the car also but I could not find any information online. Called 3 Canadian infiniti dealerships and they said there is only one pcv on G37 but did not make sense when I can see an identical valve on the other side of engine. Then I called a US infiniti dealership and parts guy confirmed that there "TWO PCVs on G37" so I ordered two and cost about $47 (CAD). This is a simple 10 min. procedure. DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damages or accidents. Use the below information at your own risk.

Difficulty: Very easy
Time: under 10min

Parts Needed
2 PCV valve Nissan part # 11810-EY00A
2 Rubber gasket Nissan part# 11812-6N200

Tools needed
23mm deep socket or 23mm wrench
extension
ratchet

original package with part numbers from nissan

to locate the pcv, remove engine cover and follow the two vacuum hose from the center of the engine which will lead to the pcv's. One leads to the left of engine and the other to the right side. It is blue in color, you may have to wipe the dirt to see the blue.

pcv drivers side.

pcv passenger side.

install gasket on pcv

Remove the hose using pliers.
Remove old pcv using ratchet or socket. I used deep socket with 1/2" drive and extension.
install new pcv.
HAND TIGHTEN. USE RATCHET JUST TO TIGHT A FEW mm's.
DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THE VALVE AS IT IS MADE OF PLASTIC.

I only use premium gas and I was shocked to find both the valves clogged!! Very easy DIY highly recommend to do this.

joe603
Car: 2014 Durango R/T

Sweet write up, thanks!!

Fezzik
Car: 2010 G37 Vert w/ stage 1 GTM supercharger

If you are doing this, perfect time to put in oil catch can. Some of teh G's are notorious for the oil.

Jsolo
Car: '12 G37S 6MT Sedan

To the OP, how many miles were on the car when you did the service and found the valves to be plugged?

@Dave, funny seeing you here too :)

taabdall
Car: 08 G35X

Thank you for the tip, I think i will do this weekend

wbarnum
Car: 2012 G37X

I know the original post was made a few years ago, but the links to the photos seem to be gone.

If you would be willing to repost the images, I would be grateful.

Bill

Return to “G35 and G37 Modification database”