how to change air filter

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
richrom2
Car: 2003 infiniti g35 coupe

i have an 03 g35 coupe and im wondering how to change the air filter. the easiest way that is

thanks for any replies

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

richrom2:

I change my air filter every 15k miles on my 2006 G35 6sp manual Sedan. It is very easy to do and takes about 15 minutes. What I don't know is if your 2003 coupe has the same air filter housing as my 2006 G35? I'll assume that it is?Your first step would be to obtain a new Air Filter. I purchase my air and oil filters at the dealer where I purchased my G35 and get a 10% discount on parts.

With the hood up standing over the air filter box on the left side is attached a plastic sort of tube (I forgot its exact name) held down by two plastic tap type fasteners. Take a screwdrive blade & lift the center of each fastener & they will allow you to remove the fasteners as well as the plastic tube attached to the air filter housing. The air filer housing is attached to the vehicle on the right side by one phillips screw. Remove that screw. Loosen the metal clamp on the hose from the Mass Air Flow sensor and push the hose off of the air filter box. You will notice four 10mm bolts on the plastic tube that goes to the short hose that you just pushed back. Remove those four 10 mm bolts using a box or open end wrench. Open the four clamps from the air filter housing, remove the old filter & insert the new one exactly the way the old one was in the housing. Push the four clamps back to secure the filter into the housing.Replace the four 10 mm bolts, push the hose back & retighten the clamp & replace the phillips screw to secure the air filter box. Re attach the plastic tube & its two fasteners & you are done.

If I ever figure out how to post pictures I would have posted pictures of the whole procedure.

Replacing the air filter is very easy to do. Posting pictures is another story? ( I read the FAQ & still can't figure it out)?

BTW, I have made a decision over 35 yrs ago to purchase the factory shop manual (Paper edition) for every vehicle that I purchase. The four volumes for my G35 cost me $300 but I figure I've already saved that much in doing routine maintenance myself. You may wish to do the same?

Good luck

Telcoman

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”