How to access the bulbs in side marker lights

General discussion forum for J30 and M30 owners!
elan
Car: BMW 328I, Had J30 95,

Hi guys, I found out last weekend that my front marker light (the small orange one on the side of the bumper) went off last week. I've got the bulbs but I do not know how to get into the light to replace it. Did you have experience doing that ? how can I access it ? The others are accessed pretty wel. I do not know what the fastes way of accessing this one .

Thanks in advance

DominickJ30
Car: 1993 Infiniti J30t

There is a screw on top under that plastic cover that you have to remove.

Then the whole housing pops out forward.

95-J30tt
Car: 95 Infiniti J30tt (Twin Turbo)

the side marker "the little orange light on the side of the front bumper, and the same but red in the back bumper" is removed by preying out the housing of the light, the best way to do it is to wrap a screw driver with a cloth, and then inserting it in the edge of the housing "for the driver side, insert the screwdriver in the edge closest to the drivers door", and it should come out without much effort, now if it doesnt work, it is because you are trying to prey out the wrong edge of the side marker, in that case, try the other edge, and dont use just the screwdriver because it might damage your paint. i hope thst this was helpful

elan
Car: BMW 328I, Had J30 95,

Guys, thanks a lot. It worked for me. I have replaced the bulb today. Thanks again.

Return to “J30 Forum / M30 Forum”