How's the Navigation unit on these M35/M45's?

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
erikdg
Car: 2006 M45 Liquid Platinum/Bourbon, Premium Package W/Sirius

Strengths and weaknesses

Edong t5
Car: M45

Pro - You have to get the navigation not only because of its inherent guidance system, but also because of it's stunning graphics. The birds-eye view is what makes nissan/infiniti navigation system unique. Overall, the M shaped dash is already almost designed as a cockpit. The navigation screen will certainly give that dash the final touch. Switch it to night mode and it'll bring out the sci-fi in you. "Come in Rogue Leader. Do you copy? Over."

Con - It'd be nice if the radio mutes every time the navigation gives direction. I have the magellan portable on my mini-van and the ring (not the scary movie) before turning helps a lot on multiple freeway changes. Fortunately, the 8 inch screen shows detailed graphics (both in birds eye and 2 dimension presentation) in these multiple freeway changes to make up for what it lacks in audio cues (which can be compensated by lowering the radio's volume).

Modified by Edong t5 at 2:33 PM 10/4/2005

larry.contrisciano
Car: Infiniti M35 sport 06' and Acura TL 04'

This is my first nav unit, so I really don't know the pro's and con's yet. But so far it seems pretty good to me and my wife.

jmart233
Car: 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport

I did not get the nav unit as it was not touch screen. It can be very cumbersom to use compared to my aftermaket Kenwood Nav/DVD in my other vehicle. Plus you can not set up guidance when the car is in drive, for saftey reasons of course.

M45 Lover

The NAV is great, very useful and works in many places I didn't think it would. I drove out to the east coast of Canada and worked in 98% of the areas I went into

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Nav works great, however you cannot use Voice to program a Canadian destination - which really sucks as I cant seem to figure out why that is.... any ideas? Owners manual says you cannot not, too bad I wasnt informed of this at time of purchase... I've only had the car a few days now;

tkeskic
Car: 2006 M35x Premium with "Aero Package" + 2010 QX56 AWD 7 Seat/Premium + 2007 MB ML320cdi

Looks like a company called Zenrin at 1-888-661-9995 makes the map data for these, and you can visit there website at http://www.zenrin.com to order updates for the M35/45 and many other cars. The number I provided is actually the helpdesk. The website offers a way to report bad map data etc...

However they said the Voice portion is not thier's and that belongs to Infinti - I'm back on the phone with Infiniti and trying to get some interest in my issue with the voice command - it turns out the dealer wasnt aware that it didnt work for Canadian address either.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”