How much power can the Versa handle?

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
skitz0721
Car: 08 Nissan Versa (Sedan)

How much horsepower and/or boost can these engines handle? And how long until there will be internal engine upgrades?

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

its really hard to say... the MR18 is a newer block.... no one has done any R&D to see exactly how much it can with stand..... but then again i could be wrong... an MR20 swap is in the works.... .2 liters and plus 20 hp and torque, i think that will be the motor with more potential.... but i wouldnt mind modding out the MR18 myself....

skitz0721
Car: 08 Nissan Versa (Sedan)

I don't want to do a swap. I just want to know how far I can go with what I have without hurting it.

superskunk

no one has published any real numbers on it yet... so i couldnt tell you the answer to that....

RobsPages
Car: 08 Versa S

Ow, my manifold.

I'd like to bump my V about 15-20 hp with as little effort on my part while avoiding premium gas. Let me know how this turns out.

superskunk

are you talking about the swap? if you are, im not the 1 whos doing it.... but im sure the person that i know thats doing it will have some pretty good things to say...

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

RobsPages wrote:Ow, my manifold.

I'd like to bump my V about 15-20 hp with as little effort on my part while avoiding premium gas. Let me know how this turns out.
You can start by taking out the AC, the back seats can go, there is about another 60 lbs of wiring that really servers no purpose for performance, carbon fiber hood and trunk, might as well take out the carpet and dash and all the plastic panels on the doors...after all this you should have about a 15-20whp gain....maybe. 10+ for sure. and the only think you are paying for is the hood and trunk. And you can still pump 87 in that beast.

RobsPages
Car: 08 Versa S

What? And leave my spare tire in there? Blasphemy.

I actually need those back seats. I was thinking of a cold air intake, maybe a new exhaust system and intake manifold and lighter wheels. I have the stock steels with plastic hub caps

superskunk

wow i didnt know little wires could be so heavy.... lol... maybe after the car is paid off, and i get another 1, i will gut the interior, and all that good stuff.... but untill then... family car....

lain
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

well you can take out the passenger seat....I remember for about 2 months I didn't have a passenger seat in my 240 cause i need the room to transport something and was too lazy to put it back in. When I would give people rides they would love it...they have there legs all stretched out and madddd kicking back. I was also told its really conferable.
superskunk wrote:wow i didnt know little wires could be so heavy.... lol... maybe after the car is paid off, and i get another 1, i will gut the interior, and all that good stuff.... but untill then... family car....
there are alot of wires.

o and another thing you can remove is the passenger side windshield wiper...cause you only need 1.

superskunk

maybe someday my 4 door hatch will become a 1 seater.... you coming to the next socalversaclub meet? not sure when it is but its gonna be soon...

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”