how much is lsd?

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
chineseb0i
Car: learning/fixing cars..breaking

wassup, recently totaled my car and parted out my parts (1995 240sx SE) and am selling my lsd and various other parts. I'm not too sure the price check on the lsd (limited slip differential) it has 100k miles on it and wonder how much it is worth. I also have other parts like the engine and tranny, airbox, springs, bumper, door assemblies, front quarter panel, 5 lug hub assembles, disc brakes, gauge cluster, etc. If anyone could give me a good price or help in any other way, thanks. If you're looking for a part, I'm selling my stuff so make an offer. Thanks.:help

koop

did your car have abs? if not, i'd be interested on the lsd. also, do you still have the seats? what color are they? any rips, holes, stains, etc? how much do you want for them? :)

chineseb0i

my 240 did have abs. Someone has offered 250 for the seats so far. THey are in perfect, if not close to perfect condition. Black with a nice pattern in the middle. As for the lsd, no one has given me a solid offer yet.

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

Whas the condition on ur front 5lug hubs/ spindles.wheel bearing condition?

hmm.....seats........howabout 270?

chineseb0i

270$ sounds good. I guess I'll have to turn down the other guy =)A few other people are interested in my hubs/spindles too. One guy offered 250$ for all 4 and another guy is offering his 92 fastback for some of my parts (seats, hubs/spindles, lsd) plus some cash. Don't know exactly what to do but if there's a right offer I'm down for it. Thanks, peace.

iggy

damn. i got beat again... :confused: late.

~ignacio

that180guy
Car: cars&girls...cut the last part out

270 good eh,? must scrounge for extra cash:D(this would be pair yes?)

for shizzle tho man, if a guy is offerin u another whole good 240 and sum cash, id say go for it.

p.s. any of u guys headed for the meet this friday at Golfland?

keepingthe240

some guy at fresh alloy is selling seats for $10

R240NA

To answer the original question, I've seen R200Vs from Z32s, S14s, and J30s selling for anywhere from $250-$600. You can always start high and take offers. I bought mine out of a 96 with 11k miles on it for $400 shipped from AR to GA. You be the judge, but you know you'll have plenty of takers on it.

R240NA

Lost_To_A_K-Car wrote:What's the difference between the ABS and the non-ABS LSD? I just received a LSD that the sender said was from a non-ABS car, but it has the mounting location for the speed sensor and the flange on the front.

The 240sx.org LSD install says I'll need to modify it, but doesn't go into specifics.

K-car, you should know this mang. The ABS diff has about a 3/4 inch longer snout to accomodate the sensor. If you have a provision for it then it's just not there, probably a Canadian market unit. There is a little freeplay in the driveshaft to accept the diff, but some people have had issues with it and swap driveshafts too.

R240NA

Quote »I have a differential. I was told that this differential came off of a non-ABS car. However, the differential has the sensor mounting on the side, and a sensor rotor and companion flange, just like my current ABS differential. IOW, it looks like the person that sent it to me was wrong. [/quote]

It would seem that they were then. The non-ABS LSD diffs, which were never offered in the US, are the same case as the open diff.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”