How much can "White Bunny" setup hold?

Your premier source for information on the Turbo KA: KA24E-T and KA24DE-T (KA with aftermarket turbo kit)!
Ka24DET-S14
Car: 1995 S14 Working on KA-T setup.

Hello forumites! Im on the last stage to boost my KA24de with 15psi on a t3/t4 turbo. Im replacing my clutch since it died and I read into the White bunny setup and ordered the correct D21 flywheel and an Exedy Stage 1 clutch for it. I might of jumped the gun because I haven't seen any definite numbers on how much the setup can hold. I saw some posts where the stock clutches for D21 from Autozone and such held like 400+ Hp and torque. This sounds too good to be true now and im wondering if someone out there, from actual experience, can give me any info. Im expecting around 300-ish torque with my setup and I would hate to have a slipping clutch.

Greatly appreciate any feedback guys! Thank you!

neverlift

i personally ran 18psi on one, it had a few spikes to 25+psi and it held. Same clutch wouldnt hold first to second flat shifts on 7psi(this was done later in the clutches life and it was spotted like a leopard from drifting it)
Updated clutch from autozone holds better already, I have about 600 miles on it and already slid with it a couple times, and it holds big burnouts. Plus it felt broke in in the first 100 miles. Original was old stock I think(bought on the outskirts of jax) it had a fabric like material where the new one has copper looking stuff.

Ka24DET-S14

neverlift wrote:i personally ran 18psi on one, it had a few spikes to 25+psi and it held. Same clutch wouldnt hold first to second flat shifts on 7psi(this was done later in the clutches life and it was spotted like a leopard from drifting it)
Updated clutch from autozone holds better already, I have about 600 miles on it and already slid with it a couple times, and it holds big burnouts. Plus it felt broke in in the first 100 miles. Original was old stock I think(bought on the outskirts of jax) it had a fabric like material where the new one has copper looking stuff.
Sweet thanks so much! The Exedy Stage 1 "should" hold better than the stock-grade ones from Autozone since it has a more clamping torque. I'm going to get the flywheel lightened or I might get the 16-pound metal-pioneer one if the machining cant lighten it enough. Thanks for the post, again!

neverlift

if you can get someone to machine it you should be down to about 16~17lbs notbad..

and HELL YES the exedy should hold more than my garbage autozone piece.

Ka24DET-S14

I ordered the 16-Pound Pionner flywheel for D21 for $108 shipped from Amazon.com. If I get the parts this weekend Im going to get it installed and see how it goes. Thanks again!

neverlift

that should work out nice, dont forget to keep it clean and break it in. I babied the first az clutch but this one I slid within 150 miles of install..

Return to “KA24ET / KA24DET Forum”