How Many Miles and Impressions So Far

The web's first forum dedicated to Nissan's groundbreaking electric car, the Nissan Leaf.
kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

I'd like to hear some mileage milestones and driving impressions including likes, dislikes, real world battery life, repairs etc..

Anyone hit 5000 miles yet, or more?

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

Well now that I am at 600 miles I will give you a list of my impressions:

1. Disappointed how fast the battery discharges at highway speeds, didn't count on that
2. Pickup and handling rock as stated in other threads
3. You MUST have places to charge the car if you buy one. The Bay Area for sure has lots of them, but if you live somewhere with few chargers then forget it.
4. This would be a tough car to have as your only car, but makes a great extra/commuter car.
5. The ligher you are on the gas.....errr, long pedal to the left :) the farther you go by a long way
6. Spend $100 on the home estimate before you buy the car, my mistake was not doing this and my house cost $3,700 to complete installation due to extra electrical work required.
7. Do homework your electrical provider and how you're going to setup the car charger. If you already have a big power bill (like I do because of fish tanks, multiple refigerators, etc) then you need to have a second meter. This will cost, probably not as bad as mine did, but it will cost.

So far we love the car an everyone else that drives it agrees. The range right now is my only disappointment.

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

I haven't been on this part of the boad in awhile. so here is our update at 6500 miles

I setup the power and the bill is $25 in winter and $35 in the summer, very cool. Botton line the car has been flawless and so far i am thinking I wasted my money on the extended warranty.

dostrem
Car: Nissan Leaf

Totally love my 2012! Seems no matter how I drive, my max is about 70 miles. Spending much time on the freeway makes it more like 60 miles. I've read some can get 100 miles, but I don't really see how that is possible on flat roads.

mrmstage

I just got my 2013 Leaf SV on Saturday, so I have logged less than 100 miles so far.

I LOVE the car. I have been following the EV progression over the last several years (specifically the Leaf, since a pre-owned was very reasonable.) and was finally able to make it happen this past weekend.

I don't think I could have done it if it were the only vehicle in the household (my wife got a 2014 Civic over the weekend as well.), but for my daily commuter it's more than perfect.

I am only using the included EVSE 110 charger currently, but am considering getting it upgraded to run on my dryer outlet. (Or buying a modified one.)

But seriously, I love this car. Everything else in my price range was base trim, heck, the Versa Note I looked at ws baser-than-base. It was a 5-speed with manual windows, and locks. And this is the near top trim level for the same price.

My biggest dislike is the GOM. It causes unnecessary stress at times, but I'm getting the hang of it.
Oh, and the fact that I have to pay $200 to upgrade it from 2G to 3G to use the connect app.

Other than that, it's a blast!

kikbuti
Car: 2016 Nissan Leaf SL Premium

I just returned from a 90 mile round trip to Florence, KY in my 2016 Nissan Leaf SL Premium. I tried to keep the speed down, but occasionally traveled at more than 75 mph. The low battery warning came on just about a mile from my home. I had traveled more than 90 miles and the GOM showed an 18 mile range remaining.

This range is nearly twice what I could achieve or even attempt in my previous 2013 Leaf. I hate range anxiety. I'm all for bigger batteries and longer range, even at the additional cost. :dblthumb:

Return to “Leaf Forum”