How many Kroms out there?

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
KromCube
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom

Apparently the Krom edition Cubes are rare. Not sure how many have been produced. Just wanted to see how many people have this package seeing most have S and SL's. I personally like this package for the arm rest, lol. I like the rims too.

Do the majority of you guys and gals like this pakage or not?

damian666robin
Car: 2009 nissan cube

KromCube wrote:Apparently the Krom edition Cubes are rare. Not sure how many have been produced. Just wanted to see how many people have this package seeing most have S and SL's. I personally like this package for the arm rest, lol. I like the rims too.

Do the majority of you guys and gals like this pakage or not?
we seen a few kroms here in LA, we really wanted the krom and we almost picked that one but we decided for the S

in the end it was better because the krom is more for like dont touch it at all because it is made ready with all the works, with the S you have that gap to play around with it and get diferent projects going

still kroms are cool, this is the only car i had so far that we say we wont mind have a couple of thems instead of just 1

ESP
Car: 2008 SexyBlack A/C

We don't have the Krom option up here in Canada... *pout*Oh well...I think I prefer the SL trim anyhow. What's this about an arm rest though? Is it better than the dinky little sliver of an armrest that exists only on the driver's seat?

KromCube

Damien: Yeah I see what you're saying. Good point. I would have to admit, the Krom's are alittle pricey for what they are. I do like that they are "showy" out of the dealer though.

ESP: Really? I wonder why. I don't get why they put the arm rest only on the Krom. Its kinda annoying that they didnt put it on the other models and on the passenger seat.

ESP

KromCube wrote:ESP: Really? I wonder why. I don't get why they put the arm rest only on the Krom. Its kinda annoying that they didnt put it on the other models and on the passenger seat.
Canada rarely gets the same number of trim options as the US. Usually, our base model is two or three models up in your lineup. Why? Who knows... While we're on that subject, why are cars considerably more expensive in Canada than in the US?

Interesting point here though...the SL model in Canada has the armrest. I'm hoping that at some point an aftermarket company will develop a center armrest that uses the mounting bracket at the back end of the center console behind the e-brake.

dimedriver
Car: 71 Datsun 510

The bottom two packages in the US usually don't exist for most cars. I can't tell you how hard it is to find a car that is the base package here. I think those are just written down so that they can say they exist for the advertised low MSRP. Maybe they are sold to fleets or something. This occurs with nearly all brands too. I have seen it with Honda, Toyota, Chevy, and VW. I wish Nissan had the guts to bring back something like the 510. Relatively small light somewhat featureless. Maybe only power windows and locks. Minimal airbags(they are heavy) and Rear wheel drive.

I think the price in Canada reflects the bad exchange rate and the tax structure there. Im not sure where the cube has finale assembly but a lot of Nissan's are built in the US.

-Avery

cubekrom09
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom Edition

I have a Krom, and am tempted to upgrade my stereo still... I want more thump. I have a Box and amp, but not sure i want to take up all the room behind the back seat or take out my nifty storage unit back there...

ESP

dimedriver wrote:The bottom two packages in the US usually don't exist for most cars. I can't tell you how hard it is to find a car that is the base package here. I think those are just written down so that they can say they exist for the advertised low MSRP. Maybe they are sold to fleets or something. This occurs with nearly all brands too. I have seen it with Honda, Toyota, Chevy, and VW. I wish Nissan had the guts to bring back something like the 510. Relatively small light somewhat featureless. Maybe only power windows and locks. Minimal airbags(they are heavy) and Rear wheel drive.

I think the price in Canada reflects the bad exchange rate and the tax structure there. Im not sure where the cube has finale assembly but a lot of Nissan's are built in the US.

-Avery
Good point about the fleet vehicles. Alot of advertising vehicles for small companies are the absolute base model...good call man!

I wonder how well the American public would accept a small beater-box car. We've gotten so used to vehicles with all the bells & whistles...

KromCube

I like the Fosgate system, likewise, I wish it had more thump also. Im getting a 10" box soon and I think Im going to just put it in the back. I dont use the "trunk" for much anyways cause I just go to school and back everyday.

And I think we're getting a little off topic with the fleet stuff. Good point though.

chompsticks
Car: Cube Krom

Well pricing a Krom vs an SL with every option you can actually pay more for an SL. I have my Krom and I am happy with it because the extra is well worth the upgrade in the cloth seats (They just seem much much more durable and hide dirt really well) I am annoyed of the lack of satellite and the push button, but I suppose its alright since I replaced the head unit anyways.

Return to “Cube Forum”