How many interested in Axxtion Short throw shift kits for the Altima Coupe!!

All things Altima Coupe.
mattydefran
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe SR

Hello All,

Since Racingline went out of business no one is supplying STS kits for the Altima Coupe.

In searching the web I found a site Axxtion.com that already makes a kit for the Altima SE-R as well as the Maxima. So I emailed him to ask about the possibility of creating his own version of a kit for the 4th gen Altimas. He replied with his phone number so we discussed it over the phone and he is genuinely interested.

Only issue I'm having is trying to find someone in California near Disneyland that would be willing to bring their Coupe by his Shop for him to do the R&D it would be very advantageous as he said he will give a free kit to the person that does so. I live way out in Vermont so the drive is too far for me to bring my own car by.

Only other option I really have is to mail him the necessary components off of 1 of my parts cars along with a crude dimensional drawing or b/p that I make myself since I do not have CAD software on my PC. I do have machining & geometric tolerencing experience so it wouldn't be impossible, but without him having the car there in person he would have no way to test out the feel of the transmission to get a better idea of what needs to be done to achieve the best result.

Anyone interested that lives near Disneyland California or willing to drive there to help get this done please let me know via DM & I will provide you with Steve's phone number so you can setup an appointment with him to bring your car by.

Thanks
Matthew D.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Duplicate post deleted.

Just a heads up, new members with less than 10 posts cannot send/receive a PM.

alubeN
Car: 2012 Altima Coupe 2.5L

There's a Facebook group called "Nissan Altima Coupe Owners" that's pretty active. You might try posting over there, I'm sure some of them would be very interested.

mattydefran
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima Coupe SR

Thank You for deleting that duplicate post it was an accident because of my stupid phone crashing in the middle of posting.

And thanks for the info on the FB page. I already did though as I've been a member there as well for a lil while now & no hits as of yet other than a couple likes.

I did however find a foreign company that makes a whole new arm for the Nismo Juke that will fit the Altima Coupe because they both use similar trans. It's called 4H-Tech.
But it does not come with the 2nd mount for the cable Bracket to fix the alignment of it, like the Racingline Kit did. They claim they have not had any issues with the mis-alignment effecting functionality.
They call the transmission an ND5.

I provided them with my Vin# & they came back with that as an answer.

The website is www.short-shifters.com

I'm probably going to pick 1 up to see how it works. But I still plan on working with Steve @ Axxtion to make a kit for the Coupe that way we have a Company here in the U.S.A. that makes a STS kit for these Transmissions. Plus after speaking with him on the phone I believe Steve might have some new ideas to make a better functioning model.

Thanks
Matthew D.

Dbarry
Car: Nissan 240SX

Thanks for the link, Matthew. We'll check it out

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”