How is the sale of Rogue? Hardly see them on the roads!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
v_mohanraj2k
Car: Nissan Rogue

Hello All,

I am a happy owner of a Silver Ice Nissan Rogue SL 2WD with Premium Package. I am happy owning it for the since 4 months.

I am hardly able to see them on the roads of Northern California. So obviously the immediate question that strikes my mind it how good the sales of the Rogue?

Can anybody throw a light on this?

Thank you,Regards,Mohan

pedror
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

Well, Nissan US sales are off about 18% comparing June 2008 to June 2007:http://www.cellounge.com/2008/...-2008/

They've sold 36,800 Rogues year-to-date, but the sales leaders are Altima, Sentra and Versa. So far, the Murano is still slightly ahead of the Rogue in sales.

In Canada, the top three are Versa, Altima then Rogue. Canada has always had more of an apetite for smaller, fuel-efficient vehicles, but even more so now with gas prices that are only predicted to go higher.

philipa_240sx

When I got my '03 Altima, there were hardly any on the roads. After 5 years of driving they were common sight. Don't forget there are about 250 million vehicles on the road in the US.

RubenTheRogue
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

I saw none in my area back in April. Now I see them everyday.

drWaLLs
Car: Nissan Rouge 08 / Altima 08

I've only seen two in my town so far - A neighbor of mine got one (same color as mine ) - A couple of times I'll see Muranos and take a double take..
Modified by drWaLLs at 6:53 PM 7/8/2008

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

There are at least 4 just in my street 9and it is not a long street), including one of the same color as mine.

It is hard to be exclusive nowadays

Direwolf

In the Philadelphia/S. Jersey area:

I see a handful each week. Theres someone in my development who has the exact same Rogue as mine (Gotham Gray). None of the ones I see are modded at all.

What I do see ALL the time are Muranos, Lexus, and Infinity crossovers. Constantly!

Palmateer
Car: 2011 Ford Mustang V6 premium convertible

Our dealers asked us to drive them only in the dark, so nobody would notice us

Goblin
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg.

I haven't seen any in my area. I did see 3 on my round trip to FL from VA.

v_mohanraj2k

When it was first introduced, I thought Rogue is going to be one of the hottest in the market very soon. But looks like the sales are sluggish as its hard to see them on the roads. Despite its good looks and features I am wondering whether people really have a second opinion or skeptical in choosing the new comer or going for any other choice than this?

Any ideas?

Regards,Mohan

Direwolf

I dont see many 08/09 cars on the roads period. My thought was the economy overall is just keeping people away from making new purchases.

crypto1300
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Iridium Graphite Premium Package

Here in Honolulu, Hawaii they are everywhere.

Hardly saw any when we picked ours up in January 08.

Now, I see one or two everytime I go for a drive. It's 50/50 between S / SL models.

Bacon
Car: 02 Spec v

I see at least five everyday...

jlsatt00

When I bought mine in October, I saw very few. In the last few months however, they seem to be everywhere I go!

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Our dealer can't keep them in stock!

jfowl75

I drive all over the southwest for a living including so. cal and go days without seeing one. But that's kind of fun, driving something that for the time being anyway is unique. I remember the first time I saw the boxy Scion and how it stood out and it was a couple of years before it was "common" My sister in law and I bought ours with weeks of each other without knowing we were buying anything. Great minds....

BrianV
Car: 07 G35S 6MT, 02 MDX-T AWD

Lack of automatic climate control has at least 1 less Rogue on the road then there could've been. Now with gas prices doing what they're doing, I'm not so sure I'd even consider a car that gets 26mpg

pedror
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD

While Ford, Toyota US sales fall in July: http://ap.google.com/article/A...MNAG0

"Nissan Motor Co. was the only major automaker to report a gain, with truck sales up a surprising 18 percent thanks in part to the new Rogue crossover. Nissan's overall sales rose 8.5 percent."

redroguegal

I've only seen a few here in KC. Mine is the only Red so far. I've seen a black and two gray. I have the personalized attitude plate YATHNK.

boooey

one thing i dont get is that we are supposed to be in a big recession, yet i see more $35K 2009 Muranos on the road now already than $20k 08 Rogues..

I guess many people out there just have lots of money and gas to burn...In this time of crazy gas prices, the Rogue should be doing better than the Murano I would think.

anchises868
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S

I'm in Northern California, as well, and I don't see any at all. I bought the car March 15, and I've seen exactly one since then, red, and it was parked. This was a couple of weeks ago. I was so happy that I finally saw another one that I called my wife.

rider

I live in Charlotte, NC and very rarely see Rogue's. Charlotte is a good size city as well. I do see tons of Acura MDX's and RDX's. Amazingly. As these are not cheap vehicles! It's odd to me...the fact I don't see more Rogues. I do not yet own one, but am considering buy one. Kinda waiting for the 09's to come out.

And, I hate to say it, but 27mpg ain't nothing great! Although I really do like this vehicle a lot!!! Guess it's a give-and-take.

Ticmxman
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL 2WD Gotham Gray

Spotted 2 in the parking lot at a Target in Kennesaw so mine made 3 in one lot. Give'em some time. It was the same with my 07 RAV4 now that the RAV has been out 2 years you see a lot of them. It'll be similar with the Rogue in a year or 18 months. And I would wait on a 09 to get all the bells and whistles on the FWD that in 08 were only available in the AWD. I have full faith in my FWD but the AWD's CVT is a concern right now. If you don't want the intellikey, bluetooth, or leather you could get a better deal on an FWD 2008 soon.....the 09s are on there way.

STEPHENIASROGUE
Car: NISSAN ROGUE AWD FULLY LOADED

I live in Illinois and have really started to notice more and more Rogue's on the road. This morning on my way to work I came up behind a Rogue and then when I left work I was waiting to turn and saw a white Rogue. I went downtown Chi-town on Saturday and parked right next to a Rogue in the parking deck. It seems now whenever I am out on the road I see one or two of them. I think that folks are realizing the great value, like I did, and going with the Rogue over the Rav or CRV. Actually, I notice Nissan's all over in general. I was a die-hard Toyota lover and it was a huge leap for me to go to Nissan but I am really happy that I did.

EddNog
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

pedror wrote:While Ford, Toyota US sales fall in July: http://ap.google.com/article/A...MNAG0

"Nissan Motor Co. was the only major automaker to report a gain, with truck sales up a surprising 18 percent thanks in part to the new Rogue crossover. Nissan's overall sales rose 8.5 percent."
WHOA!!!

-Ed

roguetoad
Car: 08 SL AWD

Rider said...
rider wrote:I live in Charlotte, NC and very rarely see Rogue's..

Maybe that's because it's the land of Junior, Mr. H, Chad & the rest!

(We lived back that way for a while and miss not being able to have a Bud at the shop at the end of the day.

v_mohanraj2k

I did an extensive research before making my mind to go for a Rogue. I have done several test drives on a Rav4, CRV and Rogue. I almost made my mind to go for a Rav4 but the Rogue's interior quality and pricing were the main factors of decision. I do lot of travel and use to rent a Rav4 or CRV just to compare the Rogue side by side on a real driving experience. The Rogue stands better than the Rav4/CRV on every aspect. The interior quality, looks and on road performance all these things on Rogue screams a winner. I thought Rogue was going to be a hit very soon. It looks like Nissan is not marketing this car well.

What do you say guys?

-Mohan

Leo2005

I would say everybody think that their car is the best or at least better. You know I had so many cars and was always thinking that my car is better than something else. When I had audi a4 i thought german sedans are the best when i had mazda 626 i thought mazda is the best car and so on. I remember when somebody asked ford which car is the best ford answered....brand new. Nissan Rogue is still a new car. You will see a lot of them in about a year or so. When I bought my scion tc i didn't see them much on streets and now streets are full of s..cion tc:)

KenHash
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD

When I picked up my SL Rogue in May 2008 I saw none on the roads.Recently driving around westcheser (a NYC suburb) I saw 6 Roguesof various colors within 2 hours . I think that what everyone says is right, we are going start seeing more and more of them. Perhaps to the point that we wish we didn't. RAv4s and CRVs are a dime a dozen on the roads, but at least they've been around long enough so that the earlier models and later models don't look anything alike. The Rogue is just starting. As for the recession, I don't think people go running out immediately and replace their cars, with the possible exception of large SUVs and Hummers.When I went into the Nissan dealership I was originally thinking Muranobut the gas milage was exactly the same as my Jeep Cherokee that I was replacing and the Rogue caught my eye.

cdmuile
Car: Nissan Rogue, Scion tC RS4.0

Interesting post. Currently the stable is home to the gray Rogue SL and a new tC RS4.0 also gray. The Rogue is driven by my 'best beloved' and I'm getting reacquainted with a 5 speed manual. 'Best beloved' says she doesn't know if her neck will survive my very poor clutch work. She's more than happy to get back into her Rogue. WRC driver I ain't........yet.

Return to “Rogue Forum”