How hard is to remove the A-pillar trim?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

I'm ordering Dash Cam. It mounts behind the rear view mirror - but I need to run the 12V cable from the camera along the top of the windshield (it looks like I can tuck it into the headliner) to the passenger side and then down behind the A-pillar trim. This is a 2011 M37.

How does this piece of trim come off? Does it just pull/pry off?

It sort of looks like the dash panel pad needs to come off first. I sure hope that's not the case.

Once the A-pillar trim is off, will that provide a path/opening to get the camera power cable under the dash?

adeedpb
Car: 2012 M56
2005 BMW X5 4.4i
2005 G35 Sedan - SOLD
1995 Ford Taurus SHO (Supercharged) - SOLD

redsworld
Car: 2012 M37x; Touring and Premium Package

I just ran wiring for a,radar detector. I pulled the rubber welt down and was able to tuck the wire in without removing the trim. Can't tell it at all. Very clean.

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

redsworld wrote:I just ran wiring for a,radar detector. I pulled the rubber welt down and was able to tuck the wire in without removing the trim. Can't tell it at all. Very clean.
I did the same thing. Although another option is to just the removal tool and pry up the piece just a little to get the wire in, without removing the whole thing and then just the removal tool to push in the wire the rest of the way down the A-pillar.

M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

Thanks for providing the info from the manual. Very helpful. So, if you want to remove the pillar trim, you have to "cut clips". That's good know (I will need to buy some new clips before doing this method).
Regarding "pulling the rubber welt down", I'm not sure what you mean by this. I don't see any flexible rubber along the side (pillar).

Unfortunately, the power cable is pretty thick (at least from the picture). I don't want to over pry and break anything. I think I should plan on removing this trim.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”