How does warranty work?

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
versabbo
Car: Versa SL CVT

How does my warranty actually work?

i live pretty far from the dealer that i bought my car from. Can i go to any nissan dealer in the country and they will fix any problem i have? what paperwork do i need to show them?

will they fix minor issue like vibrating interior trims and distortion noise from front speakers?

Thanks

Ever Victorious
Car: '08 Kia Spectra5, '73 AMC Hornet

The warranty works at any Nissan dealer. If your dealer did their job right, your DOP is already in Nissan's system, tied to your VIN.

However, since Versas haven't been out very long, as long as you don't have more than 36,000 miles (snicker), then you're fine.

As for what the dealers will fix, that depends. Most warranties on ANY item exclude "cosmetic" items, so your rattling panels might not qualify, but your speakers would.

proxim2020

Be careful when driving to Canada or Mexico. The dealers there are parts of a different companies. Nissan Mexico and Nissan Canada. I tried to get some warranty work done on a Honda while I was in Canada for a visit years ago. They wouldn't honor the warranty because it was with Honda America. I purchased the new part and submitted the receipt to warranty department for Honda and I was refunded.

Return to “Versa General Chat”