how does the EX35 multimedia system compare with Lexus, acura and Audi?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

I'm dissapointed with the audio sound system input capacity (not DVD or DVD-A compatible, can't copy .mpg on music box HDD and difficult to plug the IPOD connection because of the odd location) I managed to plug it from the back seat !!!!

The XM radio function is only visible through the pre-programmed channels (banks A-B-C). If you wan't to find a jazz channel other than the one you saved, you must scroll one channel at a time. I'll read more on this part as I might have mist something. In any case, it ain't easy.

The sound output is a different story. BOSE did a fine job. The front subs (2) and the back sub (1) are very performant. Anyone doubting that the EX35 is for 2 people mainly should ask why put 2 subs in the front and only 1 in the back.

The sound speakers (11) are mainly in the front cabine and the twiter, mid range and sub play their specific roles with honors. I actualy found that activating the driver sound option (recenters the sound to simulate you are in the center) reminds me of my first Panasonic radio in the early 80s that had this function. The cabine is quiet from outside even when I put the sound to extreme levels. No cracking or distortion felt so far.

anybody have info on the competitors like:-Lexus LS 460 L Mark Levinson Reference Surround Sound (Lexus)-Bang & Olufsen Advance Audio System (Audi)-ELS Surround Premium Sound System (Acura)-or even the sound system in Infinit M

tazdevl
Car: EX35 Journey AWD Plat Graph/Stone - Fully Loaded

Reading through a few of your posts... your exectations are pretty unrealistic about some of the EXs features and driving characteristics. You need to compare apples to apples. Comparing the EX to an MDX or Camry on ride characteristics or the audio system in a $60K+ Lexus LS460 with 450 watts and 15 channels makes no sense.

I can say, coming from a 2007 MDX that I Lemon Law'd, the Infiniti is much better and more capable than Acura's and looks much classier.

Sames goes for Lexus, had a 2006 IS350 loaded with Mark Levinson.

I almost bought a 2008 Audi S4 but with the redesign coming in September, it makes no sense to buy something that's changing so soon. Wasn't too imressed with their MMI. iPod functions are not as good as the EX.

I would bet there probably is a genre search function for the XM. Haven't had a chance to look for it. Everything I've seen has it, including my MDX.
Modified by tazdevl at 8:45 AM 2/21/2008

FLAMEX
Car: EX35

The genre search is achieved by pushing the enter swirch on the left side of the steering wheel up or down for a few seconds - jumps to the first channel in the next genre.

tazdevl
Car: EX35 Journey AWD Plat Graph/Stone - Fully Loaded

FLAMEX wrote:The genre search is achieved by pushing the enter swirch on the left side of the steering wheel up or down for a few seconds - jumps to the first channel in the next genre.
Is there a bug in it though? It seems to skip "Rock" and a couple other genres.

FYI you can also hit the seek button next to the right radio button on the dask to seek the genres.
Modified by tazdevl at 10:12 AM 2/25/2008

Timmbo
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35 AWD & 2013 Nissan Maxima Sport Pkg

The EX35 system is BY FAR better than the Acura's system, I do know that!

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”