How do you replace a window regulator in a '95 Q45? Front left.

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
ty@tpc
Car: '95 Q45 Infinity

I need to replace the regulator only in the front left door of my '95 Infinity Q45...anyone with experience and is this something that I can do at home? The shop wants $100 for 2 hrs of work on it. I bought the regulator only because my motor is working fine. THanks for any and all info.

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

welcome to NICO!

Just take the door panel off: slide the armrest back to expose screws and also take the trim around the door handle off to expose another screw above the grab handle. Once those screws are removed the panel is held in with clips.

From there, you will need to remove the bose speaker from the door. Remove the screws in the middle holding the regulator. You will probably need to put the window down slightly in order to get the regulator and motor assy out.

its a pretty straightforward job.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

http://www.carstereohelp.com/s...e.htm

Here's a step x step process up to the point of getting the Bose amps out...

Heath

GseaQ

elwesso wrote:welcome to NICO!

From there, you will need to remove the bose speaker from the door. Remove the screws in the middle holding the regulator. You will probably need to put the window down slightly in order to get the regulator and motor assy out.

its a pretty straightforward job.
I'm in the middle of this job right now. The right front made light clicking noises when going up and down since I got it and the left rear would go down a bit but not back up without help. Today the right front went down normally, but when I selected up, there was a small clunk and the motor just spun.

So, the window is all the way down. Can I get the old regulator out and the new one in this way?

Thanks,Glenn

elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

you will have to push the window up a little bit the only one thats going to be problematic is the 2 bolts at the bottom of the window that hold the glass to the regulator, other than that it will be fine, once you unhook the window from the regulator you can slide it all up and down.

GseaQ

Thanks Wes. Much appreciated.

Glenn

GseaQ

OK, the right front is done. Pretty straightforward job.

Now, the left rear... I can't get the clips to pop right under the ashtray leading me to believe they are not clips after all, but screws. If so, how do I get the ashtray assembly out to access them?

Thanks,Glenn

BTW, when I took off the armrests - front AND back - the metal was all rusty. Is this normal or did the 2 New Jersey winters before the car went to Phoenix turn it into a rust bucket? There is also rust showing in the bottom rear corner of the left rear door opening at the rocker panel seam now, which I had hoped not to see on a car from Phoenix. I really show have kept the '92 - twice the car that this thing is, but now that I have it, I have to make it right.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

GseaQ wrote:I can't get the clips to pop right under the ashtray leading me to believe they are not clips after all, but screws.
You're right! Check out page BT-16 of the FSM. It's easier to see the picture vs. trying to explain it.

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q4...t.pdf

I don't think the rust you're describing in the doors is normal...

My old Q had a little bubble on the rear door sill seam and it was a resident of Atlanta before I bought it in 1996 and brought it to Columbia. No road salt in either place... so that location is probably normal. I have heard of it on a lot of first generation Q45s. Apparently a break-down in Nissan's rustproofing scheme at that location.

I would get as much rust inhibitor in there as possible. My favoirte is by Loctite and is called "Extend"

Heath

GseaQ

Thanks Heath. I got it done. The "good" regulator I got from a member who was parting a 10,000 mile Q had the broken cable guide on one end of the track held in place with a hose clamp and the cable itself held into the slider with 2 nylon cable ties. Got it installed and the window would go down but not up. I took it out again and put the still good slider from my broken regulator on the replacement track and replaced the hose clamp on the end cable guide with a heavy cable tie. Works like a charm - for now...

Q451990

Glad I could help!

Heath

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”