How do you "re-learn" new OEM TPMS sensors?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
RickFlorida
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue Select

Hi everyone.

My wife's 2015 Rogue Select still has the original TPMS sensors and since the car needs new tires soon, I decided to purchase new TPMS sensors. I purchased Denso (made in Japan) TPMS sensors since they have 10 year battery life and I don't trust the made in China Autels or whatever the universal branded ones that corporate tire shops sell only because they get them with the scan tools.

This Denso TPMS sensor is OE and not a clone or universal type and says you simply have to have the vehicle "relearn" the new sensors identification numbers. How do I do that on the Rogue select? Can it all be done with the dashboard menu or I need an ODB2 tool still for it to recognize the new ID? I think I read somewhere that some Nissan's have a "TPMS reset" button under the steering wheel? This would relearn new OEM sensors, correct? But I don't know if that really exists on Rogue Select. Below is the Denso sensor made for Nissan Rogue Select.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.ph ... 36&jsn=855

thanks,

RickFlorida

Looks like you have to reset the ECU tpms system into "flashing" mode using a paperclip to ground out the pin under the steering wheel, and then when you simply use a 13 dollar relearn tool like VXDAS. Can anyone confirm the pin to ground out is easy to find like it is on the Frontier and Xterra?

RickFlorida

Another good video here too. The tool is only 8 dollars on eBay. This is to "learn" the i.d. of the new OEM TPMS sensors or "relearn" original ones. The only thing is, I have to make sure the Rogue Select has the same location of the pin so I know which one to ground out to put it in "reset" mode.

It's extremely annoying that the tire shops only stock cheap universal ones that have to be cloned and then they have to use 1,000 dollar or up scan tools and stuff when you can get higher quality sensors for only 37 bucks each and use a cheap tool, apparently. (Tire shops stock Chinese universal Autels because those companies supply the scan tools I suppose. And they charge up to 500 dollars to do it. But if you ask a tire shop to please install ones you bring with you, some will agree to install them for free, especially if you offer to "re-learn" the new sensors.

Return to “Rogue Forum”