HOW DO YOU RATE YOUR INFINITI DEALER ON THE SERVICE SIDE ?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

I BROUGHT MY EX TO HAVE THE SOFTWARE UPDATED (SEE RECALL). A G35X WAS WAITING FOR ME AND MY EX WAS CLEANED INSIDE OUT AT PICKUP TIME.

ANYBODY ELSE WENT FOR THE RECALL AND WANT TO SHARE THEIR SERVICE EXPERIENCE?

IS IT THE SAME WITH LEXUS?

CIAO FOR NOW
Modified by michel at 8:53 PM 3/11/2008

GoVols
Car: EX 35 Journey

This is my third Infiniti and the service department is one of the reasons I bought the EX. I always get a loaner, the service is easy to schedule and they usually make the repair the first time. And of course they wash the car. I also had a Mercedes and the service was fine but not as easy to get a loaner and sometimes it took a couple of trips to take care of the problem.

Mark Booth

I had my first oil change done at the same time I had the airbag software updated done. I waited for the EX so no need for a loaner (I had a late morning appointment and only had to wait about an hour). They washed my EX which, unfortunately, pissed me off. I had spent the morning detailing the car and SPECIFICALLY requested that they NOT wash it. The service guy even checked the "Do Not Wash" selection on the service form but a yo-yo in service washed it anyway. There was still a bunch of water in the door jambs, below the hatch, inside the outside mirror housings so the car got all water-spotted on the drive home. I had to spend another 1/2 hour with Ultimate Detailer Spray to clean it up right AGAIN.

The dealership service guy apologized, which I appreciate, but I switched to Infiniti after years of Lexus ownership and if this happened at my Lexus dealer they would have given me far more than a apology. Most likely a gift certificate for the parts department or for a free full detail (polish/wax). I guess the Lexus dealer has spoiled me but so be it. The damn EX cost more than my last Lexus.

So far, this particular Infiniti dealership's "Total Customer Satisfaction" is less than satisfying. I don't plan to return to that dealership and will be contacting Infiniti about having my EX serviced at another dealership.

Mark

michel
Car: 2008 fully loaded EX35 AWD Dark Currant and Stone interior

what wax did you use ? Zaino? please expand. It's winter here so I am waiting for spring to detail my rig.

Ciao for now
Modified by michel at 8:14 PM 3/13/2008

Mark Booth

Never got into the whole Zaino thing myself. I've been a dedicated Meguiar's products user for nearly 20 years. Meguiar's latest products don't have wax at all. Their "NXT" Generation "waxes" are 100% synthetic and I'm completely sold on their deep wet-look shine.

I maintain the shine with Meguiar's Ultimate Quick Detailer.

Mark

gtimbers
Car: EX35

I leased my EX35 from a dealership in Orange County, Ca and they delivered the car in less than agreed upon condition. I had some difficulties getting what I needed taken care of.

I had the car serviced at another dealership that is much closer to my home. I have the humming fuel pump. I made an appointment 1 week in advance. I took the car in and Miller Infiniti was not able to get to the car that day so I kept the comp car overnight. The next day I get a call which says that they put my fuel pump in another car and now have to order another one.

On the same visit I notified the dealer that my car filled with water after being in standing water briefly. The water level was below the bottom of the door so it was not unreasonable. The car filled up in the rear passenger floor (drivers side) within about 2 minutes. The water shorted out my camera system and caused the Navigation to act weird for a couple of days. Miller screwed with the car for 2 weeks and announced that they couldn't find the leak but that they had ordered a new Nav (even though the old one was working fine now). They weren't even aware that the camera control module is under the front seat. They gave me the car back until the Nav came in from Infiniti. I took the car home and within 45 minutes had found 2 separate holes in the car. One was a missing plug and the other was an open seam which was missing caulking. Both are clearly factory errors. The car reaked of mildew and was undriveable as returned. It took me the better part of a weekend to lift the carpet and dry out the interior. The car still had standing water in it! I documented what I found with pictures and took the car back. Miller had it for 3 days and then called me and said that since I had towed with the car, there would be no warranty for the water leak! I pointed out that the damage could and would occur during the winter wihle driving through flooded intersections but they said "too bad".

I registered a complaint with Infiniti Customer Affairs and within 1 day they agreed with the Dealer and told me to pound sand. They even said that I was wrong to take up my carpet and find the holes, and drain out the water and clear the smell. Corporate did this without even sending a rep out to look at the car. INFINITI NORTH AMERICA is not interested in their customers and will look for any excuse to deny warranty coverage. BUYER BEWARE. I had a Nissan NX2000 in the early 90's. It too was delivered with a factory defect which Nissan never could fix. I finally got it taken care of after the warranty expired through an independent. It was a faulty ground connection on the Mass-flow sensor. There was even a factory notice about the problem which simply required an auxiliary ground wire to solve.

When I got my car back the last time, the rear seat was improperly installed as was the stryofoam floor pan cover. The new fuel pump they installed the first time still makes noise. These guys are simply imcompetent and Infiniti backs them up.

I did contact my leasing dealership and they won't return my e-mail so I assume they don't care either. I contacted Sewell Infiniti (Texas) to purchase the camera module that I need to fix the car. I have used Sewell Lexus in the past to get parts at a discounted price. This Dealership was very helpful and very sympathetic. I got my module, some little wire thingy's that I needed and delivery in 1 week. I repaired the holes, installed the new box and fixed the wiring in about 4 hours. The car is back to normal and will now not leak in the winter. What is pathetic, is that the total repair cost me $400. It is unbelievable that Infiniti would stick it to a customer for what is such a small amount of money, particularly when their car had a documentable factory fault.

I have owned about 20 cars in my lifetime and only Ford and Nissan (Infiniti) have been this awful. I've had plenty of problems with cars over the years but most manufacturers make an effort to correct the problems in a fair and equitable manner, but not these two. Of all of the brands I have dealt with, Acura and Lexus easily top the list of most cooperative and most competent.

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

Wow! Thanks for your detailed post sharing your experiences with the group. Also, a belated "Welcome" to the group, gtimbers!! ... I see you've been a member for over 2 months, but I'm afraid I hadn't noticed any of your posts until now.

What you've reported is very similar to what "rontek" encountered in dealing with his leaking sunroof issue.

This is my first Infiniti and I've also found that the Customer Help line is a joke. At best, the people staffing that line will feed you feckless platitudes likely learned during their "training" but they are far from effective. My biggest complaint is that they don't actually take the time (or perhaps, they're not equipped), to understand your problem, nor are they empowered to really do anything for you.

I was hoping that Infiniti service would rival Lexus, but so far, they're not even in the same class.

That said, the EX is still a great ride, delivering a reasonable compromise between luxury, technology, performance and cargo utility ... especially for the pricetag. Even at the stratospheric prices Canadians endure domestically, it was a bargain compared to the competition. Of course, with dealers unloading them at $10K or more below list in the US right now, it's a downright steal!

I've driven Audi for near-on 20 years and though I love the product, there won't be another one in my driveway until Mark Motors' stranglehold monopoly in Ottawa, ON, CA is broken. I'll spare you the gory details, but yes, they're that bad.

So far, I've serviced my EX at the same dealership at which it was purchased (417 Infiniti). My initial experiences were horrific due to the incompetency and lack of care exhibited by the staff. I must say though, that over the past few months, their attitdue has improved significantly, so that any recent issues have been taken seriously and addressed promptly by the Service Manager (Aaron) or his 2IC (Denis). Sadly, their competency and details orientation, remains unchanged.

Unlike Audi, at least there is one other Infiniti dealership in town (Tony Graham Infiniti), and I may be using them soon, even though their location is not at all convenient for me. Still, it may be worthwhile ... we shall see ...

EXceptional
Car: 2008 Aspen Pearl EX35 Freakin Loaded!

We haven't been back to the Dealership since we bought ours.

It's due for an Oil Change by Christmas... so we'll probably go and say Merry Christmas to our Salesman too, while we're there.

inteller
Car: 2008 EX35 Journey AWD

i take a guarded stance with the local dealer here. I didn't buy it from them because their sales force are idiots, so in a way I feel like a second class service customer. The other thing is that if I want a loaner I have to schedule service a week in advance. IMO they should always have a loaner ready to go even if they need to pull a demo off the lot. I think they do that so it will discourage people to take a loaner and just leave the car anyhow.

also, on my first and only trip to the dealer I was having problems with the check engine light. they said they tested and nothig was wrong....then mysteriously the light hasn't come one since. I think they did something but didn't want to document it. of course I have no proof other than the light hasn't come on since.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”