how do you like your car, and what mods are available

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

I have been waiting for a while on my R33 Skyline GTR and it is nearing the end of the road, as I will have my car or my refund by 31MAR04.

I suspect I'll be getting the money since Motorex lags so badly and others have been waiting far longer than I. That being the case, I've begun looking at prospective replacement cars. Little to nothing comes close in my mind to the car I ordered but I am open to suggestions on what modifications could bring a G35 into somewhat decent comparison to my Skyline.

Cars I'm considering:

NSXG35 350z996ttLotus Esprit

I've been looking around kind-of half-heartedly but the time is coming near that I need to begin serious deliberations on my next sports car... The ones I've listed are great cars in some areas and lacking in others. All have pros and cons in their own rights. I'm asking for opinions on the G35 and possibly the 350 from you guys as to what you think could help them compare to a 500awhp R33 Skyline GTR... considering handling, power and "pimptitude."

Thanks for any of your input.

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

Well, I'm really sorry to hear about your plight with the GTR. It seems there are many in your same situation. You'd think that Motorex would get their heads out of their arss and get then things moving, but I guess they can only do so much so quickly. Anyway, on to your question.

First off, let me say that the Lotus Espirt, while a nice car, is very unreliable. I know a person who has one and spends most time fixing the damn thing than actually driving it. He goes to track days and all the Lotus guys are hanging around wrenching their cars so they can get them on the track. I would stay away from the Espirt.

The G35 is a tremendous car. While it is in no way near the car the Skyline is, it is a really nice car with plenty to offer. I can see that you are all about the power especially with that 600whp Galant VR4. The G doesn't even come close to that, sorry. It is a more refined/luxury car than the other cars on your list. Another nice feature, which is handy, is the back seat. It isn't big, but it is nice to have on occasion. It has very nice base power with 280hp and their are plenty of options to get more power out of the car. The biggest of course are turbo and superchargers. It rides well and has really nice handling and acceleration for being so heavy.

I personally love just about everything about the car. The looks, handling and comforts of the car are all great. It could use a little more power in my mind, but 280 is nothing to sneeze at. And with some modification I'm sure you get hit 400-500hp without spending over $50,000 car included.

The 350Z is pretty similar to the G in most aspects. It lacks a rear seat and the luxury that the G offers, but offers slightly more in the performance categories. It is a little lighter, quicker, and handles a little better, but there isn't really a huge difference. Most mods for the Z also work on the G as well.

Be sure to ask plenty of questions on here, we have some real knowledgeable people in the G forum when they come out of hiding.

Good luck in your impossible quest for a replacement for the Skyline.

Onizuka
Car: 91 coupe w/s13 SR20DET 89 hatch w/s14 SR20DE

Yeah lotus is discontinuing its esprit I believe. Ive read the words: "out dated and over priced" used to discribe the esprit too many times.

However, I think the Esprit is a sexy car. Not many automobiles come with a twin turbo V8 and have such unique looks. Its in the same position as the R33 GTR I think. It was revolutionary back in its day, has awsome looks, and makes alot of power stock, the only difference is they never stopped making the Esprit.

Forte
Car: Car, Motorcycles, Tuning

Forget everything dude go all the way get the G you wont be unhappy.:zap

MOTOP
Car: 04 G35 sedan

Dude, wait a litlle bit. There will be 6mt version of G35x. MSRP - around $32000 Some tuning (~10-14k depending on FI route) and you will have street legal, left hand drive, 400+whp Skyline V35 with Atessa E-TS.

Forgot to mention warranty :) (that if you install SC, i don't think there will be any warranty on TT mods)Also being a sedan It would be way more practical.

rydwhite

Or just wait till they bring the new GTR to the US in a few years. But I take it you want something now or else you would wait for the R33 you ordered.

gsxtasee
Car: racing anything and everything

yeah... unfortunately, I'm a kind of instant gratification type of guy when it comes to my cars.... so waiting for the R35 GTR is'n too appealing to me, I'd rather have a R33 anyway.. it's more rare and sought after and shows I'm more into it for the lifestyle than some rich dood who just buys one from the dealership after it's easily attainable if you gots cash... ya know?

rydwhite

Yeah, I agree. I think you should just take a G and Z and whatever else for a test drive and see what you like the best. I doubt there is a car out that doesn't have a nice list of mods available.

SoCalTed
Car: '03.5 G35 Sedan

just get the G...

you'll have a blast hanging out with the G folks in SoCal

Cheers, ted

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Too late. (He got the Skyline!)

jdmfreak

Post pics please!!! Is it stock?

DAEDALUS
Car: 1990 Q45

Check his sig...all are "not stock". I will be posting up pics and vids as soon as I can...right now tax time is kicking my arse. I have owned a GSXR1100 and a TL1000R, and I can say that riding in this beast has the same feel of raw power that superbikes do. It just grabs a hold of the pavement and PUUUULLLLS.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”