How do I use Accessory mode?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
anthonynalli
Car: JX35

Seriously! After over 30 years of driving I'm actually embarrassed to be asking this, but clearly I'm doing something wrong and unless I'm blind, I can't find it in the manual - probably because it's THAT basic, but then again there are pages on how to use the seatbelt! Anyway...

We were at the drive-in (goin' all retro in the JX!) and would find that every 30 minutes or so the JX would power down, so I'd have to go back into (what I thought was) accessory mode repeatedly all night long. Last time around, we had actually drained the battery and needed a boost. Clearly I'm doing it wrong, but this is the first vehicle I've had with a pushbutton ignition, so I'll admit newbieness there.

What I assumed was the right procedure was to press the ignition button WITHOUT stepping on the brake. That turned everything on, keep the headlights off, and seemed to work. But the 30 minute limit and eventual battery drain tell me that might NOT have been Accessory mode.

Help?

Anthony

mcmnky
Car: 2013 JX35
2009 M35x

Hello,

Resurrecting an old thread because I have the same issue. And for the same reasons! Went to a drive-in movie with my 2013 JX, and rather than the olde tyme speakers that hang on the car window, 21st century drive-ins broadcast the sound on FM. Using the car's radio, power shut off every 30 minutes.

I was turning on ACCessory mode correctly (one push of the ignition button without a foot on the break). Battery didn't drain, and didn't need a boost, but still annoying.

I searched the owner's manual and found mention of a warning "Power will turn off to save the battery," with the description "This warning appears in message area of the vehicle information display after a period of time if the shift selector has not moved from the P (Park) position."

But nothing on turning off the warning or extending the "period of time."

Any ideas? :confused:

Edit: In case Anthony comes back around, sounds like you hit the button twice, going past ACC into the ON position. That would explain the battery draining.

mcmnky
Car: 2013 JX35
2009 M35x

Oh, and I found the owner's manual here:
https://owners.infinitiusa.com/content/ ... manual.pdf

yatesd
Car: QX60 AWD Hermosa Blue/Wheat

I've never needed to use it yet. But I think we are talking about two separate features. The manual explains how to place it into accessory mode. Additionally, the "battery saver" mode can be enabled/disabled.

So in your case turning off the battery saver mode might of helped at the drive-in. However, I just feel safer with it left on.

--
Doug

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”