How do I remove the stock oil catch tank drain tube?

For the RWD SR20DET cars! Sponsored by Wiring Specialties.
Justin35ll
Car: s13 coupe sr20det

The tube that goes to the block.

I think it's just pressed in there, but I have no idea how to get it out.

Sil80315
Car: 1991 Nissan 240sx

Maybe try using a torch around the outside onto the block then try breaking the fitting loose.

BTW why would you want to?

Justin35ll
Car: s13 coupe sr20det

Well I had a trade worked out with someone for a built sr block and it was missing the tube, so I figured I'de swap mine over, but I think the deal fell through it's not worth it so I'm going back to rebuilding my own block.

crash n burn
Car: 91' le hatch, 93' UDSM silvia, 92' M30

its a press in thing; if the deal had gone though you could've just tapped the hole for an -AN fitting and got a line made up..wouldn't have to worry about rubber hose, all for about the price of a new drain hose....

and when it comes to building blocks..people can say what they want, but i personally wouldn't buy one. you'll never know whats been done unless you did it yourself/took it to someone trusted

fallen_one
Car: JDM Silvia S14 SR20DET M/T

Sorry for necro-posting.

Can someone give an advice, how to get this out? I need to remove this tube and coolant tube in the thermostat housing, but I have no idea how to pull them out(without destroying them).

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

Whatever you do, do not remove that coolant tube. You will never get it to seal again. Unless you plan to weld a new fitting onto the housing. It's not meant to come out. The oil drain tube on the exhaust side requires the head to be removed. All you have to do is twist that one back and fourth until it comes out.

fallen_one

2_Liter_Turbo wrote:Whatever you do, do not remove that coolant tube. You will never get it to seal again. Unless you plan to weld a new fitting onto the housing. It's not meant to come out. The oil drain tube on the exhaust side requires the head to be removed. All you have to do is twist that one back and fourth until it comes out.
Loctite or RTV sealant won't help?
I'm afraid I'll have to remove it for block deck flattening. This tube is above the deck.

2_Liter_Turbo
Car: _________________
'96 S14 Coupe: SR20VET
'90 R32 TH1 GTR: RB26DETT
'92 S13 Fastback: SR20DET
'11 V36 Sedan: VQ25HR
'06 GMT800 2500HD: LBZ Duramax

fallen_one wrote:
2_Liter_Turbo wrote:Whatever you do, do not remove that coolant tube. You will never get it to seal again. Unless you plan to weld a new fitting onto the housing. It's not meant to come out. The oil drain tube on the exhaust side requires the head to be removed. All you have to do is twist that one back and fourth until it comes out.
Loctite or RTV sealant won't help?
I'm afraid I'll have to remove it for block deck flattening. This tube is above the deck.
No, I've tried both of those methods and neither worked. You can surface the block with it still in place, just have to do the setup right. I had to redo a motor because of this tube, lol

fallen_one

Thank you.

Return to “SR20DET Forum (rear-drive)”