How do I fix a trunk latch???

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
KAed 240
Car: nynte tew toofowty heetchbawck

I was fixing a few things on the hatch before it can go on the road and I came the the hatch. When I bought the car the hatch would not lock because the latch would get stuck in the open position. I could force the latch to lock, and then use the key to unlock it like normal, but it wouldn't latch onto the hatch.

So I took the locking mechanism out and started fiddling with it and eventually decided that there was a rubber piece stuck in it that was stopping it from closing, so I started to get it out using a flathead screwdriver. Well I got about half of this rubber gunk out and then the latch started to work about 60% of the time, so I took the rest of the stuff out and then it worked fine, so i took the lock and locked it onto the truck 4 or 5 times and it worked fine, then all of a sudden it got hooked and now won't unlatch from the trunk... :confused:

I've spent the better part of an hour searching for a way to fix this, am I missing some god given article that shows how to fix this??? :gotme

Klits562
Car: white s13 coupe

Alot of people have hatch problems, my ex friend included.
Idk how to fix them or what not but i would either try searching google or the forums or just buy a working latch from the junkyard

KAed 240

I've found everything from fixing rusted hatches to installing JDM key locks... nothing on fixing the actual locking part itself... guess that means Imma need to find me another one..

Klits562
Car: white s13 coupe

KAed 240 wrote:I've found everything from fixing rusted hatches to installing JDM key locks... nothing on fixing the actual locking part itself... guess that means Imma need to find me another one..
junkyard or check for part outs in the classifieds

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

It's such a cheap part, that I assume most people just assume it's more trouble than it's worth to attempt to take it apart and fix it.

KAed 240

yeah I just went ahead and posted on a bunch of partouts that I'm in need of one.. thanks guys.

PyR0NiAk
Car: S13 SR W/ T2 GT3071R .86AR, JWT S4 Cams, 810cc Injectors,Z32 MAF, JWT tuned ECU 87mm 9:1 Compression CP pistons, Manley Rods

Good luck.

KAed 240

Thanks.

Return to “240sx General Discussion”