How do I confirm if I have a 6 disc player?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
Redbeauty84ZX

I have the 11 speaker Bose, dual auto HVAC, heated front seats, Ipod/Aux connection, Navigation, etc. but for the life of me I can' figure out how to load more than 1 disc in my CD player. I assume my car must have the 6 disc if it has the 11 speakers and everything else right?

NJGuy
Car: 2008 Infiniti EX35 Journey AWD

If you have the Bose & Nav infotainment system, it is only a single disc player. Aside from the fact that they didn't make space to acommodate the 6 disc player, Infiniti was kind of already thinking ahead. You did already mention the iPod and AUX connectivity. Also, when you insert a disc into the head unit the system should allow you to record the CD audio tracks onto its hard drive. I don't recall the capacity of the hard drive, but it can definitely hold a lot more than 6 CDs worth of audio. So once the CDs are recorded, you never have to physically switch between them.

When I say that Infiniti was "kind of" thinking ahead, they guessed wrong on one thing when they designed infotainment system in the '08 model. My Bose/Nav system has a compact flash memory card reader. I believe the automotive industry has pretty much moved to a USB port instead for playing digital audio media off of a portable flash memory storage device. I haven't really kept up with the details of the EX/QX50 model updates over the years, but I'm pretty sure they did away with the CF card reader.

Redbeauty84ZX

Thanks for the reply. I started thinking that may be the case. The hard drive is 9.3GB I believe and you're right, it's far better than having a 6 disc CD changer. Plus I just added the Bluetooth adapter to my Ipod connector.

Teknical
Car: 2014 QX50 AWD

How do you access the hard drive to see its contents or if I have one? My 08 EX had a 6 CD changer. My 14 QX50 has the single disc / DVD player, and neither car had the flash card slot.

Redbeauty84ZX

Well it appears if you have the 6 disc you don't have a hard drive. On your car with the single disc it would show up as Music Box under your Aux inputs.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”