How can I get the artist and songs displayed on my Musicbox hard drive?

Discussion of Infiniti's amazing (and underrated) sport-luxury crossovers, the EX35 and EX37. For 2014, the EX series will be renamed QX50, in line with Ininfiit's new naming conventions.
sluday
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD Journey Moonlight-nav-premium-tech-lux

I inserted a couple CD's and downloaded the albums on the hard drive but the artist and songs are not there. I thought it would work like itunes and automatically display the artist, album and songs. When i put the cd in the Gracenote icon comes on but then starts playing the album without the names listed. When I download the cd the same thing happens. I checked Gracenote's website and the cd's I played were listed in their data base. Is there a setting that needs to be on for songs to be displayed?

Gesemail
Car: Infiniti EX35

I know, I hate that too. It would be great if someone new how to change that, but I was told that the CD just doesn't have the information on it. I have downloaded 3 CD's, all the original store bought. Two just said "Track 1", and one of them actually had the song names and stuff.

So like I said, the data just might not be on the CD. I don't remember the details, but I also remember reading in the manual that you can put the song titles on a compact flash and transfer them to the hardrive that way. Still kinda a pain.

lsyankees

Follow the instructions from the following link from Nissan for updating the label for untitled songs. I also believe the user manual has this information as well.

http://www.nissanusa.com/gracenote/

sluday

Well I was messin around with some other cd's and I think I figured out why some of the song lists and album info are not displayed. It seems that all of the pre 2007 cd's have all the info on the hard drive via gracenote. My guess is the newer cd's do not have the album info downloaded in the hard drive. I am sure that once a hard drive update becomes available, the newer cd's will have the album info as well. Is this correct?

sluday

lsyankees wrote:Follow the instructions from the following link from Nissan for updating the label for untitled songs. I also believe the user manual has this information as well.

http://www.nissanusa.com/gracenote/
Is there a download for MAC users?

dividedhighw
Car: 2008 EX35 AWD (Technology Pkg)

I haven't come across a MAC version, but for the definitive answer, ask Infiniti Customer Service directly.

In case you haven't already done so, you might want to check out other related Music Box and CF card threads.

Return to “Infiniti EX35 / EX37 and QX50 / QX55 Forum”