!!Hot Sound systems!!

Post all your Nissan electronics, car audio and stereo questions here!
goshoryuken
Car: Tuning, Dentistry

Hey guyz, I've got some money saved up and I am planning on getting a custom sound system installed in my 89 240sx, can you guyz post pics and give advice/comments I've asked a few shops how much they'de charge for installation and eveyrthing and they're giving me insane prices, really ridiculous and expensive. I want high quality and all, but I dont want ot go broke. I'm located in the Flushing, NY area and around there, Best Sound & Security is the best place to get sound work done. How much can I expect to spend? Keep in mind, I dont have a head unit and my speakers are all screwed up, thanks to the previous owner of the s13.

Thanks in advance guys, I know it's a pain.

PSS - Try to post as many pics as possible, I need ideas!!!!

-GoShoryuken

big jon's 240
Car: uh....football, cars, and um, cars!

Install it yourself, its very easy and will save you a bundle, which you can in turn spend on higher quality stereo products. Check out the audio forum, there are a lot of pics and info in there.

BB Turbo
Car: 2007 Nissan Titan KC, 1992 Nissan 240sx Coupe

Yeah, but I would recommend MB Quart Qs for speakers, which the exact one is the 218.61, 800 buxx a pop though. Those make your ears bleed, for subs and amps, go with JL all the way, in my opinion, they are the best out there. Get the new W7s, 750 for those but they bump hard. Or go with the W6s, or even the W3s, depending on install, custom box will probably be expensive unless you know somebody. Luckily i know a few people so i can get some stuff at wholesale. Next to Jl i would go with audiobahn, for head unit, i would go with alpine, or clarion, some of my friends have both, but they all think alpine has good head units, and if you want your system to bump, get the CDA 7995, 2nd on the top of the line list for alpine, thats about 500. Good luck, but yeah, check the audio forums.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Gosh, I'm moving your thread to Simmsled's forum, Car Audio/Entertainment.

goshoryuken

thnx for the help ,but I meant like show car . . custom sound systems . . I am making a show/race car . .remember? I'm planning on blowing 30 grand in the next 3 years on this car and I need ideas. I've got posts all over about performance, body, interior . . etc. . . i' mbringing this beat up 140,000 mile s13 back to life boyzzzzzz

-GoShoryuken

lessthanjakejohn

Unless you have no tools and no time and no library and are lazy. You could make a pretty neat system.

Do you have Ideas on what you want?You could take our the back seats and put in 4/3, 8/10" subwoofersYou could put tiny TV's in the sideview mirrors.

It would be pretty sweet if you made everything yourself. Bodykit, and Stereo, and engine

goshoryuken

I want to do everything on the car myself but I have little experience and no tools not to mention no time, but I squeeze out 7pm - 12am for my car every day. If you guyz could tell me the tools to buy, I wouldn't mind doing it all myself, save a lot of money towards importing an R33 Skyline from Japan, I want my car to look as good if not better than all those jerks in those magazines . . it's like no real S15 or silvia has been in a magazine . Sure, I see the ones that are really expensive and done by professionals and Signal Auto and Greddy and all those companies, but I want to make one . . a consumer with a limited amount of money and time. I want to make a silvia that will scare the pants off of te Daishin racing silvia or the ones that compete in the JGTC. If you guyz are gonna put me on the right track . . u need to start me off with head unit, speakers . . wires to use, basics like that .. cause yes . . I am a newb . .but my dreams are high . . and my wallet supports me.

:ylsuper

lessthanjakejohn

You have a daily driver correct? Your going to do custom interior correct?

If I were you Id pull up Microsoft Word and Write down everything you want to do to your car. How many speakers, placement of speakers, tv?, colors you might want. Engine bay. Do you want to chrome it, anodize, and powdercoat it? What motor. what kind of body kit. (kind not company). Interior color.If you want to do the projeect yourself make a list of all the tools youll ever need. From engine lift to wire cutters.

You get the point?

Then strip down the car of everything you dont want and are going to replace. Take note of things and add them to your word document.

Then think of things that would make your car special. Why put the head unit face below the air conditioning? Put it on the steering wheel.

You seem like you just want to know what is out there, why not make a plan and set budgets for each area of your project.

If your sound system isn't going to be in sound competitions why spend 5,000 on it? you know what I mean?

bruinbear714

My CDT Eurosport 6.5" components are coming today. I'll do a writeup as usual with pictures and let ya'll know how it sounds when I do the installation.

My system so far comprises of a JVC SH909 headunit and a Precision Power PCX 4ch. amp, and these Eurosports.

InstantRice

hehe if i only had 30 grand to blow on a car. For a stunning show car heres what my idea would be.... First kill the back seats. **** jl audio for a show car, only the best is gonna be used here. 4 Eclipse Titanium subs in should be pretty nice,check a car site like cardomain,yuck, or online showoff for a example. Have the box fiberglassed. this is all assuming you have a hb. Next mount xtant,phoenix gold, eclipse, or re amps in somewhere pretty visible dunno maybe where the seats once were :). keep to no more than 2 car audio companies if you wanna do show. probably wanna get custom done doors for a set(2) of componet speakers in each door. the h/u should have a motorized screen of course that plays everything wma,mp3's, dvd's. playstation 2 mounted somewhere(glove box). 2 tv's in the headrests, 1 in the steering wheel, and the peice de resistance, a subwoofer in the middle of the dash. For all peices i like eclipse im not sure on the tv's though. Also just thought of another thing, in the rearview you can replace the mirror w/ a custom control unit to control everything, or most, on the system. Now Thats a sicko system, damnit im the man. This is just what i was thinking if i had money to make a show car, if this is your daily driver i wouldnt advise it cause w/o a rearview mirror driving becomes a tad harder and all the equipment screams STEAL ME!

just thought i would vent

goshoryuken

Great ideas guyz, my car is a coupe, not hb . .and to get the high quality sound and performance to out perform people in sound battles and car shows . . how much will it cost me? Gimme a rough estimate or range

-GoShoryuken

InstantRice

jesus that thing i just laid down i dont even know where to start, the subs are 800 a peice. you do the math on this. The h/u is a K easy. speakers lets just say 400 all together. amps lets say 1700 in total(might be a lil high). ps2 is 200, controlers are i think 20 a peice, tv's lets say 350 a peice, wiring about 150 and add another big diack in your butt for installation and custom fabrication

goshoryuken

thnx, yeah i have a daily driver . . my brothers E320 :-D...

96_S14_SE
Car: 96 S14 SE - 05 VW GTI 1.8t - 89 S13 coupe "gold on brown"

InstantRice wrote:jesus that thing i just laid down i dont even know where to start, the subs are 800 a peice. you do the math on this. The h/u is a K easy. speakers lets just say 400 all together. amps lets say 1700 in total(might be a lil high). ps2 is 200, controlers are i think 20 a peice, tv's lets say 350 a peice, wiring about 150 and add another big diack in your butt for installation and custom fabrication

Glad you dont run a install shop man... I can see the responces now.

customer - "So how much is this all gonna run me man...?"

you - "Well its gonna run ya' 3g's in equipment and 3 big diacks in your butt for the install...."

customer - "WHAAAAA"

you - " hey man thats a fair price, and the best I can do... I charge everyone else 4 - 5 diacks..."

customer - " well all right man, but will it at least come with some lube?"

hehe

jin3000
Car: my car, car mutimedia, custom speaker and custom interior design

check out my install i did it my self but wiil be scrapping it soon ,i want to get my trunkand spare back .http://hometown.aol.com/jin3000/index.html

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

:thinker if you want to go competition, here is what I'd put together... This is a cost-no-object system designed for Sound Q as well as a potential SPL vehicle.

CD Deck: Pioneer Premier DEX-P9

Processor: Pioneer Premier DEQ-P9 (matching processor for DEX-P9)

Front stage speakers: Dynaudio System 360 (bi-amped) with the tweeter and midrange drivers in kickpanels and the midbass driver in the door (door heavily sound deadened)

Front stage amp: Precision Power PCX-4125

Subs: 2 Image Dynamics IDMAX 12's (sealed enclosure)

Sub amp: Precision Power PCX-2400 (ran 2 channel stereo)

((Both of these amps (4125 and 2400) are on the exact same chassis, so they will match.))

Sound Dampening: Take the car apart and sound deaden the car thoroughly. I would use the full line of Dynamat (Dynamic Control) sound deadening materials.

Wires: Use Tsunami wires and interconnects. Use the complete 900 series for all. Power: Use an Optima Yellow top battery, (only one needed in the entire car) and use the Tsunami PowerTop Battery Power Distribution System. Upgrade your alternator grounds, and your alternator. Add a Tsunami Generator-X 1 farad cap to each amplifier.

Gauges: Put a double gauge cluster on the A-Pillar and fill it with an amp temp gauge and a battery voltage gauge.

Dash Lighting: Convert your interior lighting to blue led 194 bulbs and custom paint the dash... (300 grit wetsand), then 2 coats of primer using emory cloth to smooth it down after each coat dries, 4 coats of paint... in a silver color (this will match the color of amps, headunit, monitor, and processor).

Rear Design: Sub enclosure and amp-rack could include silver acrylic mirror, possibly silver-black carbon fiber covered fiberglass molding and some neon flood lighting. You could even do halogen bulbs from the top of the hatch (flush mounted) to do spot lighting of the rack (gives somewhat of a halo effect).

((You could use the front of the rear seats as a mounting area for the amps and make the amps fold down when the seat folds down with actuators.))

Multimedia: Pioneer DVD player/navigation unit (AVIC-90DVD) in glove box and a Pioneer TV tuner (GEX-P6400TV) wherever you could find room. Install a screen mounted on an actuator where the rear-view mirror was that would lower the screen (Pioneer AVD-W6000) when power was supplied to the dvd player, and retract to the normal position when it was being used as a rear-view monitor. (use a Santeca rear view camera mounted in the top of the rear headliner).

Tuning: RTA the system with an Audio-Control spectrum analyzer (most high-end shops have them) and adjust the 31 band eq on-board the DEQ-P9 to have a flat frequency response.

This is what I'd build if I had a couple weeks free and all the equipment to do it.

Get a pimp alarm system and a Pit-Bull to stay in your car while you are gone.:D

My only class for today was canceled so I went to the computer lab and typed this out. hehe :ylsuper

astron

if you ditch that box from the s15, let me know, i like it's style. Does it hold 10's or 12s? and does it leave room for the stock back speakers and some other stuff in there (i'd like to keep my amp in that area)ast

goshoryuken

Holy smokes, great list man, can't thank you enough! Once I buy all that, all I have to do is wait for the car to get back in a month or so from signal auto and then I can take it over to my buddy's shop and have him help me install it. His website is at http://www.bestsoundsecurity.com and he's located in the Flushing, New York area, a bit expensive but high quality. A friend of his just spent over 100k on the sound system in the yellow H2 hummer on the site, I\m planning on keeping the total less than 20k or so, we'll see..

-Everyone get's a chance to be owned~

Simmsled
Car: TSI GTI - E46 325i

cool man. good luck!

Return to “Nissan Audio / Entertainment / Security”