Horsham Stage 3 Chip with JDM CA18

Discuss topics related to the CA18DE and CA18DET series engines.
Monday Mourning
Car: 1990 Nissan 240SX Coupe, 2004 Honda S2000

Hi,

I've done a lot of searching (I'm currently building a CA18DET and using a H-Dev Stage 3 chip), and I saw somebody mention something about JDM CA18 ECUs being mapped differently than EUDM ECUs (since Horsham is apparently located in Europe)

My question is, am I safe to use this chip which is seemingly designed for EU CA18s on my JDM CA?

Somebody also mentioned something about the function of the butterfly valve being different. I'm a bit new to the CA platform so I'm not sure what they meant, but I'd hate to finish spending all of this time and money on my CA just to have it blow up because of a tune that isn't designed for my engine.

If anyone would be willing to clear those things up and any other questions I may have, it would be greatly appreciated! I've spent the last few weeks searching through pretty much every thread on this forum and there are still a few things I'm unsure about.

For those wondering, the upgrade list is as follows:

HD Stage 3 Chip
Free flow air filter
3" HKS Hi-Power exhaust
Manual boost controller
S15 ball-bearing turbo
DeatschWerks 255lph In-Tank Fuel Pump
450cc DSM Blue-Top injectors
Z32 AFM
New oil pump
New water pump
ARP head studs
ACL race bearings
ARP rod bolts
Spec clutch

(Let me know if I missed anything!)

Thanks again in advance! :)

boost_boy
Car: B12 sentra w/built CA18DET, B12 sentra w/fully-built CA18DET, S13 coupe w/ CA18DET, S13 hatch w/CA18DET, 2002 maxima SE

I'd stick to what you're using or about to use already. No since at spending money on something different when you already have what appears to be a decent chip. As long as your engine/set-up specs with the accessories the chip say it was programmed to accomodate, you should be fine. And if for some reason you don't like the way the ecu causes the engine to behave, you always have the option of the Horsham chip. Good luck ;)

float_6969
Car: CA18DET swapped 1995 Nissan 240sx (too many mods to list)
2015 SV Leaf w/QC & Bose (daily)

The Horsham chip won't run the power valves. The EDM market CA18's had a 4 port head that lacked those valves and the associated hardware, as well as the associated programming for it. The Horsham chip seems to be good otherwise. From what I understand, someone who's capable with chip tuning can easily add the required table back into the Horsham image and then it should work as intended. All of that being said, if I was going to build a CA and have it run by a stock ECU, I would go Nistune. It now has the table for the power valves, so you can tune them to suit your modifications.

Return to “CA18DE / CA18DET Forum”