Hood latch release cable

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z technical discussion forum: Maintenance, performance, installations, modifications, how-to's and troubleshooting.
Exsilium
Car: 2006 350z

Ive got the cable through the firewall but its not obvious how to route it to the latch. The document at http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/coupe/2006/bl.pdf on page 16 shows the route but its not anywhere near useful.

Routing it the way it was when i pulled the old one out is not doable because someone prior to me had installed it in a way that it was frayed all over the place and in one place nearly cut through.

According to the diagram it should route somehow under the light but there is no clear path there because of the wheel well plastic piece.

Please pretty please, someone take pics of where their cable is going so I can duplicate.

2006 350z

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

I think the opposite, the pic on BL-16 is VERY useful, at least enough for the mechs to do the work. You need to pay specific attention to the second sentence in step one, page BL-17 about the radius (amount of curve) there and the pic again shows 5 click locations, and what stops the cable from both fraying and almost cut through.

The cable doesn't even have to run exactly as shown, the clips are what stop it from flopping around to fray and the radius being too tight is what makes the cable break from being bent too much. You always route any cable like that as straight as you can given the physicality of the route it must take. Meaning any direction changes need to be as gradual as possible. The more you bend the cable the faster they crack the outer housing.

Ace2cool
Car: 1991 Nissan 300ZX TT
1966 Datsun Fairlady 1600
2005 Suzuki GSX-R 600
1974 Honda CB550 Four
2009 Ford F150 Lariat

Pretty straightforward. It goes inside the fender. You'll have to pull the fender liner.

Return to “350z / 370z Technical”