Honey Bee?

Here you'll find topics regarding the Datsun B210, 310, 610, 710, 810, 1200, and lots of other models - All are welcome!
theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

When I was in college (not that long ago, early 90's) there was a lady that attended there that had a Datsun B210. It was yellow and had a black stripe along the bottom on each side. Past the doors and before the rear wheel well on each side in the stripe was a bee and next to it were the words "HONEY BEE". I talked to her about it and she told me that it was a different model than a regular B210, that it was a little smaller and they were called Honey Bees. (Bear in mind that she was not a reliable source for this kind of informatin, but that is what she said) She also added that it was one of the most reliable cars she ever owned. She drove it everywhere. I never saw it not running.

Does anyone here know about such a model?

Datsun411
Car: 1967 Datsun RL411 Super Sport Sedan

I do recall the Honey Bee model, but couldn't tell you what was different about them. I'll bet some more online digging can turn that up. Let us know what you find, and I'll do the same if I get a chance to dig.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

TonyVQ wrote:When I was in college (not that long ago, early 90's) there was a lady that attended there that had a Datsun B210. It was yellow and had a black stripe along the bottom on each side. Past the doors and before the rear wheel well on each side in the stripe was a bee and next to it were the words "HONEY BEE". I talked to her about it and she told me that it was a different model than a regular B210, that it was a little smaller and they were called Honey Bees. (Bear in mind that she was not a reliable source for this kind of informatin, but that is what she said) She also added that it was one of the most reliable cars she ever owned. She drove it everywhere. I never saw it not running.

Does anyone here know about such a model?

AFAIK, the Honey Bee is exactly the same as any other B210. Not sure which motor it came with, but I think it was the A12. I heard that they made honey bee emblems and put them on all the yellow B210's because they wouldn't sell. The "honey bee" name helped them sell.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

This is interesting. I ran accorss this site in my attempt to find a photo of a Honey Bee. These guys have been racing thiers!

http://www.geocities.com/sagemanone/

NISTECH

well They engines were different between the standard 210 and the honny bee. We have a 76 bright yellow 210 on our lot right now not a honey bee i has the 1.4L engine in it where as the honey bee had the 1.2L engine. This one we got is in extreamly good shape. It appears to have been garage kept most of its life. the interior other then a small seam split in the rear seat and having covers over the front seats is in perfect shape. the exterior looks excellent too other then a couple small paint chips and oxidization. I could probably have this car for under a couple hundered dollars. The engine fires right up [less then 2 engine revolutions and its running] has dealer added A/C that works. I have seriously pondered buying it but thinking I just dont have room for it. so I probably wont.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

But what years were the Honey Bee made? I have my FSM for an '81 210 and it lists the A12, A14, and A15 as the available motors in it. I didn't think they made the Honey Bee in '81.

So in other words, the 1.2 L was availble in non-Honey Bee 210's as well.

NISTECH

that I dont know. This particular one was a 76 and it wasent a honey bee. The reason I said that the honey bee came with a 1.2L was this. We had the car in our wholesale line due to someone trading it in. I seen it and decided to pull it in the shop and told one of the guys on my crew I brought it in for him to take him back to his hay day as a master datsun tech in the late 70's cause I knew that would be more up his alley since todays technoligy is so confusing for him....I was clowin around with him since hes been with nissan/datsun so long. Any how he made comment on the honey bee and stated the difference was the honey be had the 1.2L

Bandit240
Car: 1980 Datsun 720 King Cab

Hey Nistech, is that car still round? If it is id like to know more about it.

Return to “Other Datsun Cars”