Homelink transmitter

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Joeshome2
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum

I am new to the Nissan family. I recently took delivery on 2021 Rogue platinum. I am still learning the car and Nissan services. The one thing I noticed is that there is no Homelink transmitter on the rearview mirror. Checking with my Sales person who checked with the service dept MGR about installing one . There is no mod available and Homelink would be available later this model year or in 2022. It is a bummer to have to go back to a garage door clicker. I do not have a bluetooth garage door system.

Looking forward to my new ride.

Joe

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

There is an accessory Nissan rimless mirror you can buy and have installed. It includes a garage door opener. Nissans way of thanking you for buying a vehicle which at that price point should have included that feature instead of dumb paddle shifters that most people will never use. Installed it will probably run you close to $300.

Joeshome2
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum

Thanks for the info.

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

You are welcome. I believe unlike the built in homelink opener this one can actually detach from the mirror and be taken out of the vehicle.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Make sure you take the garage remote into your house if you driveway park or street park your Rogue.
TonyJG wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:09 pm
There is an accessory Nissan rimless mirror you can buy and have installed. It includes a garage door opener. Nissans way of thanking you for buying a vehicle which at that price point should have included that feature instead of dumb paddle shifters that most people will never use. Installed it will probably run you close to $300.
It's always been like that for these Rogues. Gotta get used to it! I still personally don't understand Nissan's decisions for some of these things. Can't get worse than Tesla's option, which is an accessory too, but into that tablet looking screen. :rotflmao

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

I got a similar mirror from Amazon for $104 and installed it myself, it was pretty easy: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GJVHQT6

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

joshua70448 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 10:18 pm
I got a similar mirror from Amazon for $104 and installed it myself, it was pretty easy
Even the Nissan mirrors are easy to install, they generally just need power and ground. Same is true of most aftermarket units. The only recommendation I would make is routing power for an aftermarket unit from the accessory bus just like the Nissan kit. Stealing power off a lane cam or other device in the roof is asking for problems. The slickest way is to get a Nissan accessory pigtail and download the instructions for the Nissan kit, then route your aftermarket mirror the same way as the Nissan kit. The p/n for the mating accessory pigtail will be on the first page of any electrical accessory instruction that fits your car, just download one from Nissan.

joshua70448
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV
2018 Nissan Rogue Sport SV w/Tech Pkg
2010 Nissan Versa 1.8 S HB

VStar650CL wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 5:32 am
The only recommendation I would make is routing power for an aftermarket unit from the accessory bus just like the Nissan kit. Stealing power off a lane cam or other device in the roof is asking for problems. The slickest way is to get a Nissan accessory pigtail and download the instructions for the Nissan kit, then route your aftermarket mirror the same way as the Nissan kit. The p/n for the mating accessory pigtail will be on the first page of any electrical accessory instruction that fits your car, just download one from Nissan.
Yeah, the mirror I got doesn't require power, I didn't want to bother wiring one up. I've got a dashcam, but I've got that wired using an add-a-fuse on the fuse for the rear 12V outlet.

Return to “Rogue Forum”