Homefront

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

Anyone out there interested in Homefront? It somewhat reminds me of one of my old favories that I played on the Gamecube...

The MP previews look pretty good, and the play style looks akin to the Battlefield series, with larger maps, vehicles, etc...

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

I think it looks really good. I heard that the online multiplayer system will be a little different. Something about in game point decisions or something like that. I'm interested in trying it out whenever it comes out.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

I'm going to pick it up as soon as I can, would like to have pre-ordered it but I didn't have the funds for it.

RCA

During PAX all the CoD community members (YouTubers and media) say the game needed help. `

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

My friend is on this game's nuts so much but Im not sure if I could trust him. Supposedly huge maps, 32 member MP, you get points to save up for killstreaks or something like that, and better weapons and KS than CoD. The youtube videos looked tight but they always look tight. Im not buying it opening night, Id rather wait for reviews. Not only that Id rather buy another rpg or racing game instead.

alms24sebring

released tonight. Anybody pick it up?

marlin29311

Got it from Amazon...I'll have it when I get home from work.

orangeNblue

I'm really curious about this....

I read on the G4 review that the single player is lacking but that the multiplayer is dead on and introduces some new interesting concepts and levels....

I'll most likely stick it out with black ops until something crazy good comes out or until I can get my hands on Arkham City!!!

BusyBadger
Car: '92 Nissan 240SX
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

orangeNblue wrote:I read on the G4 review....
They still talk about games? I guess the website must be different than the cable channel. That thing is just X-Play, with reruns of Cops and Cheaters last I checked. With Munn going on to (seemingly) bigger and better things I can't imagine that AOTS expects to survive on the "talents" of Kevin Pereira.

But I digress...

While I was initially hopeful about Homefront I started to hear some ominous rumbings a couple of weeks ago and a couple of the latest review doomed it to a one or price drop purchase for me. The OXM Podcast announced last week that some early playthroughs by reviwers in Europe that got early access to the game said the single player was painfully short at five hours and the review by OXM on their website says it's only four. :tisk:

Guess it's up to LA Noir to make my springtime gaming a success.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

I had a feeling about this one. I can sense crappy games somehow...some of it's in the marketing, but there's something else about it, too. This one has the stench of sub-par.

marlin29311

MinisterofDOOM wrote:I had a feeling about this one. I can sense crappy games somehow...some of it's in the marketing, but there's something else about it, too. This one has the stench of sub-par.
I think the problem with the game is that it's being misinterpreted - had this been sold as a stand-alone MP effort, this game would be stellar. I played a couple rounds of Ground Control last night - absolutely fantastic.

The game seems like it was a MP game that they tacked on a SP game to...which is why the SP is so lackluster.

Graphics looks kinda old, but we're not talking about N64 here...probably like 2008 worthy. But in MP, you don't even notice it.

orangeNblue

I haven't watched G4 in months...I have direct TV which dropped the G4 channel but I have their app on my phone which is pretty much all x play...that's where I saw the Review

thanks for putting up a review...with the multiplayer, what is the in game kill streak system like??

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

marlin29311 wrote:The game seems like it was a MP game that they tacked on a SP game to...which is why the SP is so lackluster.
I can get no board with that. Everything that was represented by the developer/publisher prior to the game release made it sound like the MP was the add-on and the main thrust of the game was single-player. All I heard about were plot and cinematics and emotional reactions. When multi-player was mentioned it was always about how it was military vs military and not resistance fighter vs military. And NEVER did I hear that the main bulk of the game was MP.

Ugh. :tisk:

marlin29311

Well good news is that I paid $27 bucks for it lol. Amazon dropped the price to $42, and the I got a $15 Amazon promotional credit...I'll definately say it's worth $27.

alms24sebring

I might spend 45 bucks on it. I was watching my friend play and the graphics in SP are pretty blocky. I gotta say tho the MP looks good tho. I like the big levels and the way they place you in small American towns, kinda like Nuketown except way bigger.

No killstreaks but battle points (BP). They add up so you can buy bigger better rewards

alms24sebring

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbDMsfJEkc[/youtube]

btw Im mad about how when I clicked on Homefront for the PS3 on G4tv.com, it went to Homefront for the Xbox. This happened to the other websites I tried too. :tisk:

Chaotic_Warlord

alms24sebring wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIbDMsfJEkc[/youtube]

btw Im mad about how when I clicked on Homefront for the PS3 on G4tv.com, it went to Homefront for the Xbox. This happened to the other websites I tried too. :tisk:
You're just hatin' cause the 360 is a better system.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1974 Unimog 404
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03 ... le-player/
RPS wrote:Homefront is barely a game. I’m drawing the line here. It’s an interactive cutscene with occasional shooting galleries.

orangeNblue

I didn't expect much from the single player. The premise is great and all but I kinda knew that it would be less of a game and more of an extended movie. In all honesty, I guarantee this would make a great movie, but video game is obviously much different. They probably should've released it as a multiplayer only. That way there wouldn't have been this much disappointment

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

orangeNblue wrote:The premise is great and all but I kinda knew that it would be less of a game and more of an extended movie. In all honesty, I guarantee this would make a great movie...
It already did make a great movie. ;)

But you expect similarities when the guy that that co-wrote and directed Red Dawn (John Milius) wrote the single player storyline for Homefront.

orangeNblue

Go Wolverines!! lol I've actually seen Red Dawn before, I just meant the whole Korean invasion instead of ze Russians...

Aren't they making a remake of the movie anyways???

BusyBadger
'05 Nissan 350Z
'13 Nissan Juke

Yeah, except it's s'posed to be the Chinese instead of the Russians this time 'round.

MGM had to delay the original release due to money constraints, just like they did with the new Bond movie (I think it's getting made now).

Here's the original poster for the remake showing the November 2010 release date.

Personally I don't the ChiComs stand much of a chance. It's got Thor (Chris Hemsworth) and Wonder Woman (Adrienne Palicki - yum yum!) cast in it as two of the wolverines.

alms24sebring

I havent seen that movie. I think a movie related to Koreans trying to become the next Germany in the near future would be a great idea if it was made right.

orangeNblue

So are they supposed to be college student in this one? Because neither of those people look like high schoolers...lol

Chaotic_Warlord

Currently playing this and TDU 2, I loved the SP Campaign, the story was awesome and the game play is pretty good. Can't say I'm really a fan of the MP b/c it's hard as hell to actually kill anyone, you can knife someone who is 10 feet away, and to be honest I really don't like the battle points system, don't like it in Blops and don't like it in this game, it's annoying and if you have a lot of friends and do private matches you can pretty much build your armory without ever stepping foot into a real MP match. Oh and it takes forever to rank up.

Return to “Gaming”