Homeade sleepy eyes.

ONLY for ADVANCED technical discussion about the 240sx!
cale1984
Car: my car, playing bass guitar, drawing, other cool stuff

hey guys i think that there is some kinda kit out there thathas a dial you turn to determine what position you want yuor headlights to go to

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Yes... that is what we were talking about.... its called a Pivot Box... :)

sil80drifter
Car: 1990 240SX Hatch

I'd rather rent a prostitute for 80 dollars...she will pivot any way I want. sil80

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

[QUOTE]I'd rather rent a prostitute for 80 dollars...she will pivot any way I want.[/QUOTE

HHHAAAYYYYOOO!!!!

YomnyM

i have one question, hope someone could help me out, i like the sleepy eye thing and i found an easy way of leaving them where i want sacrifizing a bit visibility at night, if i remove the big relay named "H/L return control" the motor won't close the lights or open them, but my question is will having this relay off damage the alternator or anything else? Thank you

MN31323
Car: All Cars

Where can you get this eighty dollar controller that everyone is talking about. i have yet to see someone tell anybody where you can get them so that i don't have to go the ghetto route.

MN31323
Car: All Cars

sorry didn't see a second page

89S13SILVIA
Car: CARS

my 89 already came stock from the factory with sleepy eye abilityactually i think all 89s had a defect in the electrical system that did this.I know it has been posted before but all i do is hit my headlight button turn my lights on hit my head light button again to turn it off and then just flip my lights on and off until i get it where i want.

bcuz

duantless, no offense but youre wrong, all you would have to do is go to a junk yard .. take the control arms off the lgihts and cut an inch out of the end of the rod, and then put the other end back in to the thing that connects the rod to the motor (or to the light frame) if it doesnt work, or there is a problem, then you just spent an 2 hours tops for labor, and 10$ for the control arms.

KSee777

bcuz wrote:duantless, no offense but youre wrong, all you would have to do is go to a junk yard .. take the control arms off the lgihts and cut an inch out of the end of the rod, and then put the other end back in to the thing that connects the rod to the motor (or to the light frame) if it doesnt work, or there is a problem, then you just spent an 2 hours tops for labor, and 10$ for the control arms.

errr.... if you do that, the light will close and inch more than it's suppose to....

bcuz

hmm.. what I was trying to get at is that you would not be stuck with that setup, and it would only cost 5 bucks, but yes now that I thought about it and read somemore .. it wouldnt work..

anyways Im gonna go with taking out the stock light fixture and fabricating a fixture that is stationairy and then cover the place where the pop up light cover would be with some sort of moldable glass like stuff... I dont know.. Ill figure it out.. :D

I just know that Im not spending like 700$ on a light kit.. lol thats rims and tires right there..

gore
Car: 93 240SX hatch (ca18det)

how about using neuros idea along with the button that pops upt he headlights without actually putting the lights on, that would be ideal for keeping everything looking stock, with no out of place switches lieing about.

solaris22

hows this sound, when the lights close to a certain point they press a button shutting down the power to the motor. Run another wire from the headlight so when you turn the headlight on it flips the light up thus giving power to the original motor wire again....so price would be a button and a couple feet of wire, and a 6-pack of beer for when you get pissed off when it doesn't work

bcuz

well.. that could work solaris.. but it might get tricky..

Return to “240SX Technical Forum”