Home link and clock not working-FIXED

Dedicated to the G37 Convertible. This forum is for convertible-only content that is NOT covered in the other G-Series forums.
daman858
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

I took my 2010 G37 to the dealer to have the transmission fluid flushed at 90,000 miles. He checked some things out and said my battery was weak. Need a new battery. OK, through one in, its 7 years old. Picked the car up the next morning and on my 70 mile drive home, I noticed that my clock was not working. :mad: When I get home, I find that my Homelink garage door opener is also not working. :cry:

So, I do what all car owners do...I Google it. I found that if the battery is not installed according to the Infiniti step-by-step procedure, this issue with the clock and Homelink is result.

To install the battery, all electrics must be in the off position, including the auto-on-off headlights. The ground battery cable must be removed first (we know that). Care must be taken not to create a short by allowing the ground cable to touch the positive cable. (we know that too).

The dealer mechanic's failure to follow procedure blew a fuse. The fuse is the 6th from the top, left side, in the fuse block on the kick panel near the parking brake pedal. It is a 10 amp fuse marked ELEC PARTS (BAT). It is the only one on the diagram in black with white print. I removed the 10 amp fuse and inserted the spare that is in the box and ALL IS WELL. :bowrofl: The Home link did not even have to be reprogrammed.

So, if you are in need of a new battery, make sire the guy at Auto Zone or wherever knows what he is doing or if you do it yourself, make sure everything is turned off.

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

Thus far I've had two batteries replaced at my local Infiniti dealer. One in my previous 06 G35 and one late last year in my current 2012 G37S
In both instances everything worked when I left including all the radio presets and the homelink.

daman858
Car: 2010 Infiniti G37 Convertible

Great! This is my second battery from Infiniti so basically, it is the third counting the original. I found the problem with the fuse blowing when the battery is incorrectly installed with the auto-on lights on. Saw posts on other forums. Seems to be a common problem.

Return to “G37 Convertible Forum”