Holy Shat! a '95 skyline runnin on PETROL and WATER

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
POS_S13
Car: thizzlamics

Toad[^_^]

The engine swap page is neat too...:ylsuper

mrbean
Car: Guitar, Music, Art, Movies, Computer & Video Games

Now if that thing can still handle a turbo, sign me up!

RMiller
Car: BBQing

What a great product. Funny, in the video a skeptic criticizes the car for having to lug around the extra weight of water, but it's only 20 liters. Ha, that's less than 50 lbs. The creators claim a 65% increase in range; pretty sweet and I don't think 50 lbs will change that much.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

so will all the MTBE contaminating the groundwater aid combustion?:D

mrbean
Car: Guitar, Music, Art, Movies, Computer & Video Games

Hmmm... well, the creator drank the water coming out of the exhaust, AND the car has no cat...:eyecrazy

Toad[^_^]

If you think thats neat, do a google search on "Thomas Townsend Brown". Or look up his patent "300311".

Turb0wned

damn thats cool

Porschephile
Car: '98 Maxima

Damn! That's awesome. Now if there was some way you could modify a turbocharger to work with that setup! The only problem I can forsee is liquid would be passing through the turbocharger. Something would either need to be done to filter liquid out before it reaches the turbo, or the turbo would need to be modified for water to pass safely through it without damaging the turbines or anything else.

I've never been too fond of hybrids, since most of the ones you see are crappy cars to begin with. I especially don't like the new hybrids manufacturers are producing because they all look like crap and seem very uninspiring to drive. However, this sounds great. No real power loss, however a much more efficient running car with less pollution. I'd actually consider buying one of these setups, if they started selling them. Of course, I would only put it on a daily drive that I had no real intention of modifying for more power.

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

I don't know how they are doing this, but they would have to be able to break down the water to O2 *before* traveling through the intake, or else they would have problems with hydrolocking the car. So, it would have to be broken down to O2 *before* the turbo as well. I wouldn't think a turbocharger would effect this project at all.

The reason they probably chose the RB20E to develop this technology on is because it's the cheapest Skyline engine. Less rebuild cost when they blow it up under R&D :)

Touchdown038
Car: Computers, cars, sports

If they were gonna develop this technology on any type of engine, wouldn't they want something smaller and worth less to rebuild? Such as a lawn mower engine?

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

Touchdown038 wrote:If they were gonna develop this technology on any type of engine, wouldn't they want something smaller and worth less to rebuild? Such as a lawn mower engine?

Lawn mower engines are generally 2 stroke, which could very easily require a different technology.

They probably had an old Skyline sitting around, which is why they probably used it. I mean heck, a base model skyline, that's not really worth anything anyway.

Touchdown038
Car: Computers, cars, sports

EZcheese15 wrote:Lawn mower engines are generally 2 stroke, which could very easily require a different technology.

Not true. All the lawn mower engines that I have seen and taken apart are indeed 4-stroke.

Regardless, awesome technology here. I wish I could be the one to have come up with it so I'd be famous :)

EZcheese15
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

You're right, I suppose I was thinking more along the lines of weed wackers and chainsaws. Still, some are 2 stroke :)

SienSil80
Car: 88' R31 Skyline
85' DR30 Skyline
85' AE86 Trueno
65' RT40 Corona

:eek:

BaliLover

I truely believe that the hybrid cars are intentionally made ugly and undesireable because oil is a huge generator of wealth world wide. If people require less oil, the oil giants will suffer. The rich run the world and anything that takes out of their pocket isn't going to be treated kindly. Thus the ugly hybrid. It lets them say "See, the public doesn't want hybrid cars, no one is buying them and the auto makers are losing money by making them."

I have SEEN a motor run on a mixture of gas and water, but you had to use dishsoap to immulsify it and play with the timing. It was an old 350 that someone I knew had laying around. He had read an article that talked about someone running one with water and decided to try it on the engine. The engine was out of the car and he got a 5 gallon bucket, put in something like 70% gas, 30% water, and added some dish soap and started stirring it. The motor ran with a little bit of timing adjustment, but I can't say if it had the same power it did since it was out of the car.

It can be done, but the oil tycoons don't want to see it happen, and they're more than likely pressing the auto manufacturers to make it not happen.

Toad[^_^]

BaliLover wrote:I truely believe that the hybrid cars are intentionally made ugly and undesireable because oil is a huge generator of wealth world wide. If people require less oil, the oil giants will suffer. The rich run the world and anything that takes out of their pocket isn't going to be treated kindly. Thus the ugly hybrid. It lets them say "See, the public doesn't want hybrid cars, no one is buying them and the auto makers are losing money by making them."

I have SEEN a motor run on a mixture of gas and water, but you had to use dishsoap to immulsify it and play with the timing. It was an old 350 that someone I knew had laying around. He had read an article that talked about someone running one with water and decided to try it on the engine. The engine was out of the car and he got a 5 gallon bucket, put in something like 70% gas, 30% water, and added some dish soap and started stirring it. The motor ran with a little bit of timing adjustment, but I can't say if it had the same power it did since it was out of the car.

It can be done, but the oil tycoons don't want to see it happen, and they're more than likely pressing the auto manufacturers to make it not happen.

:withstup :abduct:

It can't hurt to click >HERE<

dareo
Car: 1993 Q45, 1989 240sx

Lawn-boy is the only company i know of that sells a 2 cycle mower, all the rest are a 4 cycle variety.

What i'd like to see is a max mpg project, take a B13 sentra and tune it to run with water like that skyline and see what it how far it can go on 10 gallons of gas.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”