HKS Hi Power. need reviews

Nissan 350z / Nissan 370z general community discussion forum
MECPInstaller
Car: installing stereo systems and minor performance upgrades

I've searched almost every 350z board that i know of, and found an exhaust sound clip, video or review of every exhaust but the hks. I've seen it on afew websites and i think it looks gorgeous, and the gains they proclaim seem very nice as well. One thing I'd hate for it to have the fart can/ or tinny sound that i'm not looking for.

Has anyone actually heard the setup, id love to get a review or comparison to another exhaust with a similar tone. Even better if anyone has any sound or video clips i'd really appreciate being able to hear them. One site had afew of the hks but when i went to download them they hosting site had erased them.

Side note question, Does anybody know what the two small canisters that branch off before the mufflers do?

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

I don't have a sound file of it on a Z33 but in my opinion it sounds awesome, nice nasty sound. Actually, I've never heard a car with the HKS Hi-power/Hiper sound bad, they all sound great. I love it on my Z32

blues14
Car: 1995 Nissan 240SX GTS-t

I have the HKS HI-Power exhaust on my 95 240 with rb20det. Nice and deep, not loud, but not quiet either. I am running test pipe with it. but as for the chamber things off the muffler in that picture......I have no idea. i would assume that at lower rpms, the air would go into the chamber things, but at high rpm, the exhuast goes straight though the muffler.. but thats just a guess.

MECPInstaller
Car: installing stereo systems and minor performance upgrades

Well i ordered it this morning and it shipped out about an hour ago. I had to call close to 15 different online stores to actually find someone who had one in stock and not on backorder. I'll make sure to get pictures and a review up when it gets here

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

Sweet. yeah, those were my two choices..let me know how you like it/how hard the install is.

DYNO THAT BIOTCH.-Chet

Return to “350z / 370z Discussion”