HK 417 coming out or not?

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

I was looking at the Sig 556 but the HK 416 looked as good or better upon cursory inspection. I know I want gas piston operation. Then I discover that the HK has a big brother chambering 7.62 and that tipped me all the way over that way. I was not impressed with 5.56 and the thought of the bigger round is very appealing to me.

I am still Googilatin but it appears these have not hit the U.S. market yet.

http://www.hkpro.com/hkpro416c...t.htm

Perhaps they have no intention to do so
jonesblog wrote:I talked with a current VP of marketing at the show and he insisted that there were no plans to release the HK 416 and HK 417 to the civilian market despite many rumors that H&K would. It's too bad really as they are nice designs that are quality built with typically precise German engineering.
Anybody have some scoop?

bobotech

The political climate the way it is, I bet that they will never release it.

Too much uncertainty and they would lose a lot of money bringing it out only to have it banned shortly thereafter.

Would make it extremely valuable though if a few sneaked in just before the ban goes in effect. Kind of like how real Dragunovs are worth big money since only a few were imported before they were banned.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

seriously, if you wanna get something to shoot 7.62...you totally need to get an M1A.

great Accuracy and reliability with a good deal of aftermarket.

bobotech

Mr1der wrote:seriously, if you wanna get something to shoot 7.62...you totally need to get an M1A.

great Accuracy and reliability with a good deal of aftermarket.
I would rather do FAL clone of some sort. Cheaper and still a large amount of aftermarket support.

Return to “The Great Outdoors”