Hiya!

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
Rei_k's
Car: 98 240sx
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Hi all. I've been stalking here for a long time and figured id go ahead and post a intro. I bought my vert about 2 years ago for $800 with a big hole in the block. Body was super clean and even came with some 18 racing hart wheels. On the bad side was a ridiculous interior joke. Red shag carpet throughout the car custom red and black seats and door panels. Bleh! Sold the seats attempted to start removing carpet, but gave up lol. I've had a ca18det in it for about a year, and I just finished pulling that out to swap in my Ls2 from a 05 GTO that was originally going in my S14, but turns out I got ripped on that car. The S14 had lotsa rust, and had been previously wrecked, among other things. 5 lug for the vert on the plus side. Anyways I will post pics when I can, currently working nights till Tuesday. Hopefully my parts will be here Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thanks for having a awesome vert forum!

-RJ-
Car: S13 Convertible, 99 Frontier, 03 Sportage, 96 Protege

PICS MAN PICS! Welcome by the way. I really want to see this interior lol

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Rei_k's wrote:attempted to start removing carpet, but gave up lol.
Eh??? How hard it could be? I'd blow torch that thing and remove.

Anyway, welcome and yes, we love pictures.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

These pics are pretty bad, but o well. Wiring harness is done, and I just installed a new baffle with trap doors into the gto oil pan. I put in my welded diff in today as well. Hopefully I will have the car running next weekend. Maybe then I can wash the poor thing, and go get tuned, and dyno it. I plan on buying coilovers, among other things next week as well. I will try and keep up the thread with my progress, but I have been super busy at work.
Wish me luck!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Here is the motor. Picked up from a really cool guy who said it only had 12k.

Headers with random foot

Poor car has been at the shop collecting dust for a while. :(

Gto gas pedal installed for dbw, and retro shag carpet. I will remove the carpet from hell when I get the vert a cage.

My new baffle :)

Here is the old one

Tranny, old ca18 among others.

Again sorry for the bad pics.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Well apparently I didn't upload the pictures the way I normally do. I have no idea why or how, guess I wasn't paying attention. Hope you don't mind clicking.
Sorry about that

breadbox
Car: Red 89 240sx,Black 89 Koop, White 84 720 4x4KC

Rei_k's wrote:These pics are pretty bad, but o well. Wiring harness is done, and I just installed a new baffle with trap doors into the gto oil pan. I put in my welded diff in today as well. Hopefully I will have the car running next weekend. Maybe then I can wash the poor thing, and go get tuned, and dyno it. I plan on buying coilovers, among other things next week as well. I will try and keep up the thread with my progress, but I have been super busy at work.
Wish me luck!

Here is the motor. Picked up from a really cool guy who said it only had 12k.

Headers with random foot

Poor car has been at the shop collecting dust for a while. :(

Gto gas pedal installed for dbw, and retro shag carpet. I will remove the carpet from hell when I get the vert a cage.

My new baffle :)

Here is the old one

Tranny, old ca18 among others.

There you go.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Thanks a bunch! :biggrin:

Got my driveshaft today, but I have no time to do anything. I will do what I can tomorrow maybe even get the motor in.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

The car is up and running! I need to make it 5 lug so I can use my other wheels, but it is funny to cruise around 4 lug with a completly stock looking exterior. This thing is really fun and fast now. Will post a video of dyno when it happens, I gotta get a y pipe made for my N1 dual among other things first. Thanks for looking.

Gonzo
Car: S13 Sr20det Vert.
2015 Infiniti Q50

This is awsome, deff looking foward to seeing that video.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Thanks! The car was missfiring under load around 4k so I pulled the spark plugs and found one on the passenger side had two big cracks down the insulation on the spark plug.I'm going to pick a new one up today and see how it does.

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Awesome car!! Well done. You need to post here more often!

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Thanks! Replaced the spark plug and wow, the car runs silky smooth now. I dropped it off at my buddies to get the y pipe made for my exhaust. I cant wait to get it tuned which should be next weekend.

Rei_k's
93 240sx
2010 WRX 4dr

Finally got on the dyno. 399whp/387tq I was happy with the numbers considering I only have long tubes to apexi n1 dual, and air intake. Car is pretty fast and really fun. I had some fun with a supercharged mustang and 400whp sti this weekend. They were both really suprised to see a vert 240sx (with the top down lol) pull away from them. Ported throttle body, heads, intake and a good size cam will be next.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEy3sf7T ... ata_player

Gonzo
Car: S13 Sr20det Vert.
2015 Infiniti Q50

Wow !

Glitz
Car: 93 240sx, 98 240sx, 2010 wrx

Well end of year status update. " My old username Rei_k's for whatever reason has been deleted" Transmission started popping out of third and getting stuck in fourth as well as not going into sixth at high speeds. Opened the t56 up and found synchros lying on the bellhousing, fourth gear missing teeth plus other things. So the guy I bought the transmission from either lied to me about the rebuild that only had 2k miles on it... or the people who did it really suck at rebuilding transmissions. Anyways I got a little frustrated and havent really touched it since.

Fast forward to today: Sending the transmission off Monday for a rebuild. Also I have been thinking about leaving the top in manual mode and pulling all the motor/hydraulic stuff for weight reduction "does anyone know how much weight this stuff ends up being?" as well as coupe doors and whatever else I can find to lighten up a little.

JDM240SXcoupe
Car: 1992 240sx coupe
1991 Crx Si

Badass man, where in texas you from.

Glitz
Car: 93 240sx, 98 240sx, 2010 wrx

A little ways outside Houston.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”