Higher RPM while turning

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
D-Rock
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

My newest 2019 Rogue has been doing something weird. This is my 7th Rogue so I'm very familiar with the CVT and how it behaves and this is new. While stopped and if turning a corner (like at a stop or a light) my RPM's jump up to about 3500 RPM and stay there for about 5 seconds. These are typically 90 degree turns in either direction and I'm not heavy on the throttle from the standstill. This behaviour does not happen while accelerating in a straight line. This also occurs both when the engine is cold or already warmed up so the increased RPM's are not from the car warming up. Mileage right now is 65K km. With all of my Rogue's (company vehicles) I've just passed a total combined mileage of 1M km and this is the first strange thing I've experienced. I'm just wondering if it's worthy of a visit to the dealership. I think my powertrain warranty is 100K km and even if it isn't, it's all covered from work so it doesn't really matter to me since I'm not out of pocket for the expense, just my time. I'm open to any suggestions as to what may be causing it. Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Definitely not normal. Sounds like something is slippy in the CVT, get it checked out.

Return to “Rogue Forum”