High Pitched Noise

Home of the Nissan Cube forum and CubeDriver.com
lando
Car: nissan cube

Hi fellow Cube owners. I was driving on the freeway earlier today and noticed a high pitched noise. I turned off the radio and noticed the sound appeared when I drove at least 70mph. Driving slower than 70 and the sound would disappear. The sound is very annoying now that I notice it. I was thinking it might be wind noise coming from the windshield. I'm hoping it's not the engine or something serious. Maybe it's part of the breaking in process. Any ideas? Has anyone else experienced this problem? Thanks for the help.

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I hear it too. I've noticed it goes away as soon as I take my foot off the gas. Then it comes right back when I step on the gas. I didn't think to turn off the radio because the noise sounded electrical to me. I had a similar problem with a very similar noise years ago that related to the radio. I'm going to check tomorrow to see if I still hear it with the radio off. It could be the wind whistling through that gap in the mirror where it folds in. Maybe?

jyroflux
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube 1.8 SL

I did some checking and it's not anything electrical - stereo, AC, etc. - and it 'seems' to happen around 75 mph. That is, that's when I noticed it today. Is it the same for you lando? I don't if it's an air leak in a window... Who knows, it might be the CVT.

dmcdearis
Car: Nissan Cube

If you pull your left mirror in, the noise will go away. It seems to be the space between the mirror and the car.

TECHLINE08
Car: RB S14

this sounds like the problem on the the altima's, where the skull cap on the mirror has a gap causing turbulence, put some tap around the mirror and see if that makes it go away.

cubekrom09
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom Edition

I hear this sound coming from the floor area shortly after startup, and it last for a second or two... Any ideas on that?

smac103
Car: pearl white cube s

cubekrom09 wrote:I hear this sound coming from the floor area shortly after startup, and it last for a second or two... Any ideas on that?
i hear that one, too. i checked the owners manual, and it said the noise is perfectly normal, and is a self-check of the motor (or whatever it is) in the antilock brake system. kinda like a 1/4 second buzz you can almost feel,... almost like a cellphone on vibrate... happens a couple of seconds after you start the car.

cubekrom09
Car: 2009 Nissan Cube Krom Edition

Sounds good then... I didn't think to look it up in the owners manual.... Stupid me.

bigjcvegas
Car: 2009 nissan cube 1.8 automatic,..pearl white

i have the left mirror whistle,35 mph and up

Return to “Cube Forum”