High Pitch Whistle When Accelerating

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NissanRogue12
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue SV

All of a sudden I am hearing a high pitch whistle when I accelerate. The whistle continues until I stop accelerating. Car is a 2012 Rogue SV, 60k miles. Sounds like it is coming from the engine, not a heat shield on the bottom.

Any ideas?

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

When you did all that work with the axle did you knock a vacuum line loose? If the noise started after you did all that work, recheck where you were and see if any thing is loose or not connected.

NissanRogue12

Thanks for the reply to both threads. The whistle started a few weeks before I did the axel work. It started on its own not around the time I did any work on the car. Only thing I can think is it started when it started to get colder. But I think that is coincidence.

NissanRogue12

Rogue Jarhead wrote:
Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:14 pm
When you did all that work with the axle did you knock a vacuum line loose? If the noise started after you did all that work, recheck where you were and see if any thing is loose or not connected.
Thanks for the reply to both threads. The whistle started a few weeks before I did the axel work. It started on its own not around the time I did any work on the car. Only thing I can think is it started when it started to get colder. But I think that is coincidence.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Usually a whistle is a result of a leak. Either vacuum or air. Check all vacuum hoses make sure they are connected and check the air ducting from the air cleaner to the intake.

The reason I asked if it started at the same time is it narrows the area to examine. Often when working on something we forget to tighten or reconnect a hose, pipe or something else.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Check your hood. There are 2 bumps stops that you can turn to either make them higher or lower. when you close the hood it should be tight, no slack.
I had a whistle before and it turned out there was "slack" between the hood stops.

Return to “Rogue Forum”