High Mileage Maxima

The club for Nissan Maxima and Infiniti I30 / I35 owners, and the official home of Maxima Club of America!
InfinitiMaxima
Car: 2013 Altima 2.5, 40k-65k
2006 Maxima, 175k-200k

I want a thread where everyone with a high mileage Maxima can come to trade stories or tips. I've seen a couple on the forums but only older models. Does anyone have a 6th generation or newer than 2004 with 200k or more miles?
I have a 2006, just hit 200k miles, running flawlessly with no major repairs ever.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

I like this idea. Yours sounds kind of like a success story. What's your tip to share for such longevity? 100K tune ups at the dealership? Jiffy lube coupons? If nothing else, wash and wax it once a week? Stay away from aftermarket modifications?

InfinitiMaxima
Car: 2013 Altima 2.5, 40k-65k
2006 Maxima, 175k-200k

So I had this 2006 Maxima in the family since like 175k miles. We have been giving it an oil change every 2.5k since then (We heard these engines eat a pint of oil for breakfast every morning, I top it off before road trips).
I do clean the interior/exterior regularly (maybe it loves me). Its never been modified in any way, still has original rims. Although I've been considering replacing the entirety of the intake/exhaust system, along with the fuel pump and lines. (Maybe a couple other things if anyone can suggest???)
To my understanding, this car has never had any problems at all and was always maintained. It is daily driven and always has been, never sat. I knew the previous owner very well.
This Maxima was regularly driven at 100mph, has hit countless potholes at speed, its done a couple 360s after sliding out, etc. All on NYC roads.
Also been in a couple of minor accidents and never needed body work. The structural integrity of this thing is incredible, you should see what happened to the other cars meanwhile the maxima only got a ding.
It still meets its original fuel economy rating, I believe 19/28 city/highway.
It was serviced at the proper intervals by a private mechanic (not warrantied) since new and has not needed anything that was not listed as standard maintenance.
Never an interior issue, not a single button switch or lever has broken or even become loose. There isn't even a hint of hiccup upon ignition to this day.
At 195k this thing lost ABS and traction control. For a car this old, this is literally the least of my worries. I mean, I had to adapt having never driven a car without ABS/TC, but luckily that is the only thing that has ever failed in this car.
The intervals in the manual stop just under 200k so I have been searching the internet for help and made an account here.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Wow, Awesome! :dblthumb:

Wjobanion4
Car: 2005 Maxima SE 3.5 Red, sunroof 160K mileage range

You must have purchased their original prototype built by the hands of the engineers who designed it, wired the harnesses in Tokyo, Tig Welded the frame in Detroit then fully assembled and finely tuned by same engineers in Japan before shipping it to the US for making TV commercials with this perfect car, vs assembled by lowest costed parts assembly contract manufacturing shops in foreign countries and then welded together in the Midwest by robotic spot welders. OTFLMAO. SERIOUSLY...Good for you!!!

Return to “Maxima Forum & I30 / I35 Forum”