High Idle

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
rangernation

I have a 99 Nissan Quest, Just recently changed the knock sensor and o2 sensor.. after i finished the van ran beautiful except for the o2 heater circuit which i tracked down to a couple of cut wires. I repaired these and restarted the van and that day it ran fine. It sat over night and i started again to get it ready for smog and it had a high idle like 1800 rpm. So i actually removed the upper intake and replaced all the injector seals thinking that it may be that due to one being broken. now i have to give it a bit of gas to start it and it still has the high rpm (1800) i have traced the high rpm back to the IAC but the the starting problem i have not located. Even though i found the high idle problem i am still unable to find out why,

What i have done:
Changed knock sensor
all new intake gaskets
followed the Nissan service manual for installing the intake
changed the o2 sensor
repaired 3 broken wires for the o2 sensor
cleaned throttle body

It kinda sounds like a vacuum leak but i have had no luck locating one, I don't know if the engine just sounds like that normally or if there may be a leak. Never had this problem before.

I am stuck with a van that runs smooth and has power just a high idle and hard starts has anyone come across this problem before. Any information would be greatly appreciated and any more information will be given if needed

Thanks

Buckshot

yes you cleaned the throttle chamber and it needs to have the idle volume learn done and the only way I no is with Nissan consult.

rangernation

With such a short response that explains so much thanks, I tore this thing down twice because i thought i had an intake leak after this started..

I found some Non Consult procedures on the net maybe i will get lucky and not have to visit the dealership

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”