High Idle Nightmare

All things Altima Coupe.
Fireward71
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 S

Hello i'm sorry if this is in the wrong area its my first time posting here, feel free to delete or move if necessary but on Friday I did some maintenance on my stock 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5 and have been having a slight issue since then, it has around 136,000 miles. I have been having around 18.6 mpg so I ended up following some advice that I saw in other forums that I found from google to try to improve it a little bit. The advice was to get some mass airflow sensor cleaner and throttle body cleaner and try to clean some of the carbon build up. I didn't remove the throttle body but did remove the mass airflow and after spraying some in and taking a paper towel I cleaned up as much as possible in both pieces and put it back together I started the car back up and noticed that the car was idling a little bit higher than usual at around 2,000 rpms. I didn't think much about it and drove it around and noticed that the car was acting much better as far as fuel consumption but the check engine light came on, once I got home I checked it with my bluetooth scanner it showed up immediately as an P0507 higher idle than expected. Since then I have been reading through different forums and I have successfully completed the idle relearn procedure around 5 times or so with or without taking off 2 injectors in an attempt to correct the issue and up until the last time my idle has remained at or around 2k RPMS. Currently I'm kinda stumped right now and am not sure what to do next, besides either start throwing parts at it in a attempt to fix it or go to the dealer and pay however much they need to try to fix it, does anyone have any idea on what I should do next? Also I am not too sure if this would help at all but ever since I bought the car at 125,000 when starting the car the RPMs would start around 1,500 and then drop down to around 1,000, not the 700 that I have seen a lot of people with the 2.5 engine supposedly have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you for taking time to read my long post.

hfgl96
Car: Nissan altima 2011 Coupe 3.5L

No other codes are shown?

I think that you could have damaged the MAF sensor. For what i have read, you shouldn't touch the little wire that has on it. The MAF cleaner dries really fast, so it's not necessary to dry it using a towel or any other thing.
You could try cleaning it again, but without touching it this time just to see if it makes a difference.

And, are you sure you have made the idle relearn procedure correctly?
There is a service manual that tells you how to, and all the pre-requisites to do it.

Return to “Altima Coupe (2008-2013)”