High engine idle causing motor to flood with fuel

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
Nolimitbt
Car: 2002 Nissan Pathfinder LE 3.5L

Hey guys I'm having some major issues with my 02 3.5l Pathfinder. I just got done fixing the water control valve and replacing every coolant hose and vacuum line on the motor. I also had all of my fuel injectors rebuilt and replaced the spark plugs and all new coil packs also replaced my valve covers on both sides because they were cracked and leaking. Since I had both intake plenum's off I cleaned everything well including the throttle body. I replaced every gasket with new OEM gaskets and o-rings. Motor fired up pretty easily and sounds great, let it warm up and took it for a drive. When I returned home and put my truck back in park I noticed my idle was a bit high around 1100-1200rpm but when put back in drive it idles around 700rpm. I turned the engine off and tried to restart it but all it would do is turn over it tried to fire up but bogged out. I let it sit overnight and did some research and learned about the idol relearning process. The next day it fired right up but still have a high idle after letting it warm up and taken for a drive, I made sure my motor was at normal operating temperature then tried the idle relearn process but no difference. So then I ordered a new idle control valve and replaced it, once again I did the idle relearn process and still no change still have a high idle and motor will not restart for hours. So now i ordered a new throttle position sensor and replaced it and did all the settings per the manual including a idle relearn and still have all the same issues. I noticed when adjusting the throttle position sensor its turned as low of an idle as it will go and if I turn it just slightly up it turns idle up to 2500rpm. Several hours later it will start right up it doesn't matter if the motor is warm or cold it just does the same thing. Please help this is driving me nuts. :wtf2: :poke: :dblthumb:

mdmellott
Car: '13 Kia Soul+ 2.0L AT
'02 Pathfinder SE 3.5L AT P/4WD

Your write up is clear and puzzling but mentions nothing about what the topic title suggests. Are your rebuilt injectors leaking and flooding your engine? You should pressure test your fuel system to find out if your injectors are leaking.

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”