High compression KA24de question

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
MasterOSkillio
Car: 1995 240sx

I was looking at putting 90 e pistions in to my de to get 11.1 compression. I will have a tune, 370cc injectors, and a bunch of bolt ons. I'm looking to make somewhere around 180ish to the wheels on pump gas, hopefully be just about as reliable as stock and call it a day. My current engine is from a wrecked car that had 50k on the clock, closer to 60 now. The engine runs fine and a compression test yielded close to stock numbers.

I am looking to not have to do a rebuild because the engine seems fine now I wanted to know if:

1) Can I pull the pistons out of the bottom of the engine without taking the head off?

2) If I don't take the block out for a hone will I have to use standard size pistons? I have a friend that has some RY6426-020 but those are .020 over and should not fit correct?

3) Rings, should I use just stock rings? is there some other ring type I should look into?

Thanks for the help - oh and is search down? every time I look I get back no results?

Razi
Car: Moo

You'll need to take the head off so you can install the pistons.
Larger pistons won't fit unless you hone out the block to accept them.
If you're using stock pistons, just run stock rings.

Yeah, the Search function is down for now, it's getting worked on.

MasterOSkillio
Car: 1995 240sx

I kind of thought that, but can you really not remove pistons through the bottom of the block? I was really hoping to avoid removing the head to install the pistons.

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”