High beam switch problem

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
steelwing8
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

2019 Rogue, pull back on turn signal switch and bright lights work, but when push forward to leave on they don't work at all. Any ideas?
Last edited by Rogue One on Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

:welcome:

Although it shouldn't have, it sounds like the switch has gone bad.

Nissan vehicles are covered by a new vehicle limited warranty, and almost all come with a 3-Year / 36,000 mile limited warranty (whichever occurs first). Depending on when you purchased your 2019, the warranty might still be in effect (that's assuming you're under 36k miles).

steelwing8
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

Thanks you for response, that was kinda what i was thinking, but if you take switch out of auto they work. so possible something to do with auto? maybe related to Daytime Driving Lights module? Not sure how to go about troubleshooting that.

D-Rock
Car: 2008 Rogue S AWD
2009 Rogue S AWD
2011 Rogue S AWD
2014 Rogue S AWD

I would say it likely has more to do with the Auto setting. I find that if I use the Auto setting the headlights are very sensitive to ambient light or road signs thinking that they're looking at oncoming cars so it switches them to low beams. They tend to spend much more time on low beams and hardly any time on high beams in the Auto setting.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

D-Rock wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:48 pm
I would say it likely has more to do with the Auto setting. I find that if I use the Auto setting the headlights are very sensitive to ambient light or road signs thinking that they're looking at oncoming cars so it switches them to low beams. They tend to spend much more time on low beams and hardly any time on high beams in the Auto setting.
+1, that has to be a software function. The combination switch is a matrix type. If the BCM gets the high beam signal with the Auto off then it's also getting it with the Auto on, it's just overruling your command.

Return to “Rogue Forum”