high beam just won't work

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
2-ECHO

my high beam just won't work. check the bulb, its ok, check the 3prong harness, wala!!!found the copper plug broken, 0k, went to Nissan dealer and got new part $22.00, installed it and again, no high beam, just low beam,,,did I miss a step somewhere.......help.........

JNM240
Car: 90 Coupe, 90 Hatch (CA18DET)

It is possible that just the high beam is burned out. Is it just one of the 2 headlights? If not it may be your light switch/turn signal switch. The light is an inexpensive start.

regisfr
Car: rebuild cars

with the lights unpluged, take a volt meter across ground and the 2 other wires, with just the normal head light on you should get voltage on one of the wires, and with high beam on you should get voltage on both of them on most cars. What type of car is this BTW? Check your fuses and relay as well in the engine compartment

2-ECHO

JNM240 wrote:It is possible that just the high beam is burned out. Is it just one of the 2 headlights? If not it may be your light switch/turn signal switch. The light is an inexpensive start.
Did a voltage meter check on the 3 wires and everything check out, except no juice to the pass plug, tells me it may be the column turn signal switch, well off to the junk yard!!!!!:xfingers :xfingers

2-ECHO

JNM240 wrote:It is possible that just the high beam is burned out. Is it just one of the 2 headlights? If not it may be your light switch/turn signal switch. The light is an inexpensive start.
Did a voltage meter check on the 3 wires and everything check out, except no juice to the pass plug, tells me it may be the column turn signal switch, well off to the junk yard!!!!! :rolleyes

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”